Thinkin about..

/ Thinkin about.. #121  
I believe that 3 minutes at full throttle is also supposed to be under load, isn't it? (I imagine the reset might work with no load, but I would not want to run a chansaw wide open for more than a few seconds without a load.)

It does make me wonder what happens for someone who is chainsaw milling with one of these saws. Those runs can easily go three minutes
Been awhile since I did one, so don't remember the specifics.

/ Thinkin about.. #122  
That was the self adjust procedure straight from the service manual. Had to run full throttle without letting off the trigger if I remember correctly was 3 minutes. If you let off you had to start all over again.
I wish I'd asked here before dropping a tree on it. That wasn't intentional, but certainly from fatigue related to running that saw too long. I hooked onto a tree to roll it off the stump, and didn't notice that the saw was in the way.
The last time that I ran my Poulan was to cut that tree off the saw. :D

The 545 was a slightly less expensive version of the 550. The only difference that I could see was the 550 had a 1/2 second burst of extra RPMs when you hit the throttle. Even then I wasn't a production cutter, so that didn't matter to me. I really liked the saw, except when it didn't idle.