Thinking about a BX2763A plow

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow #1  

Happy Gilmore

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 5610 Ford 4630 Ford 3930 MFWD w/ 7310 loader Ford 3930 Kubota BX1500 Kubota RTV 900XT Kubota F2680E 72"RD Ford 4610 Kubota KX121-3
I've been thinking about picking up a BX2763A plow for my BX1500. I contemplated a BX2750 snow blower, but I have a Honda HS1132 blower, and it doesn't really get used much anymore. In the not so deep slushy snow I've found snowblowers to be less than ideal. Do any of you guys have either or both. The plow would be great and if needed, I have the bigger tractor with a FEL. I already have the quick hitch for my BX. Thoughts?

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow #2  
I've been thinking about picking up a BX2763A plow for my BX1500. I contemplated a BX2750 snow blower, but I have a Honda HS1132 blower, and it doesn't really get used much anymore. In the not so deep slushy snow I've found snowblowers to be less than ideal. Do any of you guys have either or both. The plow would be great and if needed, I have the bigger tractor with a FEL. I already have the quick hitch for my BX. Thoughts?

If you typically get not so deep slushy snow then I would agree that the BX2750 blower is not the way to go. I've clogged mine up pretty good a couple of times on a couple of inches of slush.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow
If you typically get not so deep slushy snow then I would agree that the BX2750 blower is not the way to go. I've clogged mine up pretty good a couple of times on a couple of inches of slush.

You know how New England goes, you just never know.

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow #4  
I have both the 2750D and a TG2754 (manual angle, lighter weight). For early snows. I'll use the blade. As the snow comes deeper, I swap to the blower. I keep it on a HF dolly so I can just roll it in place and attach it to the quick hitch. When it really slushy, I run the blower through the wettest, water filled snow at WOT. The water keep the slush from clogging as much but I still get a clog a couple of times a year, no biggie, but how you attack the slush makes all the difference. When it's puddles of water and slush, I run through the puddles, which handles the wet slush with ease and gives the blower a good cleaning. The blade also is good for final cleaning of big snow too but I'll admit, the blade sits in the garage unused mostly.

And when it's what we call 'concrete snow' all bets are off.

But stay away from snow covered, rolled up Sunday newspapers. btdt. Worse than slush.

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow #5  
But stay away from snow covered, rolled up Sunday newspapers. btdt. Worse than slush.
LOL the paper is just one of a long list of things to stay away from. You'd think I'd be better at changing shear bolts by now....

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow
I've done my fair share of shear bolt swaps on my Honda blower, lol. Good point on the running through slush. That's one drawback of the walk behind blower, there's no running through it.

I picked up the quick hitch new in the box for $200 a while back, I'm dying to get an attachment for it with winter coming

/ Thinking about a BX2763A plow #7  
Nothing worse than trying to snowblow slushy snow that comes out like wet cement. That's why I prefer a blower on the back and a bucket on the front. A plow on the front would be better, but the madness has to end somewhere.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Snow Pile EM.JPG
    Kubota B3030 Snow Pile EM.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 155
   / Thinking about a BX2763A plow #8  
Nothing worse than trying to snowblow slushy snow that comes out like wet cement. That's why I prefer a blower on the back and a bucket on the front. A plow on the front would be better, but the madness has to end somewhere.

And a BIG amen to that thought, Astanton. Slushy snow is nasty...unless your car is a 4x4. Both mine are AWD

If I cannot get out of my driveway with the AWD, the 4X4 kubota with blower and blade. Well then I jes figger that I have that day off, Bejaysus. I keep extra beer in stock for winter, just in case!