Thinking about upgrading to B7100 HST and some B6000 farming work

/ Thinking about upgrading to B7100 HST and some B6000 farming work #1  

Spring1898

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota G1900
Greetings all, I have a number of things I want to run by those who use or have used these tractors.
Previously I had been contemplating a larger B2910 for my property which would be overkill for what I have now but not for a future property someday. But the weight of the B2910 would be too much for the soft ground and the amount of rain we get here.

Anyway I have a B6000 at the moment, with FEL (non quick detach), tiller, MMM, front PTO, and Ariens snow blower attachment. My present thought is to acquire a B7100 HST with a quick detach FEL and MMM that I could use for yard work and relegate the B6000 solely to backyard farming which I hope to start this year. I like the little B and don't really want to sell it, and I also like the looks of the B7100 and the fact that it is still relatively light and compact.

As far as I know there are 2 FEL's that are quick detach on the HST B7100 and none for the older gear version; a Woods 145 and LA300B, both compatible with MMM. Are there any others?
I am flipping through some of the B7100 threads, but is there any advice you would offer on the HST version? My biggest concern is the hydrostat, I would prefer the gear version, but no quick detach loaders.

For my B6000 there is that pesky reversed PTO, but I do have the original tiller. Are there any more powered implements that I would "need" for a small operation? If so I could try to hunt down a reverser or someone mentioned putting a B7001 (Non-US market gear B7100?) rear end for a normal turning PTO. Also, if you have any good sources for reading up on basic farming please share.

Lastly has anyone put R4's on either of these models? The only way that I have seen is to buy a whole new set of tires and wheels which ends up being pricey, and then making sure the ratios are correct for 4WD. The Ag's really tear up the yard, but with the some inclines and the driveway in the winter I am not sure about turfs.

/ Thinking about upgrading to B7100 HST and some B6000 farming work #2  
Get turf tires.. for glass smooth ice, chains are the only thing that works well, any other combination of ice/snow turfs will work best. Chains also work better on turf tires because there is no deep log pockets for the chains to disappear into.... I have used turf tires for Years and have Never needed chains.