Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #1  

man00

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota
Like the looks of those, haven't drove one yet or check about any known issues with them. If I get one I plan to have it street legal.
Anyone here have and can share any info?

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #2  
Love Hondas but the electric shift "had" a problem draining the battery and cold weather operation;don't know if this has been corrected.

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #3  
My neighbor (who since moved) had one and I was really impressed with it. It had a real transmission instead of the mickey-mouse belt used on most others.

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #4  
Do they have the 4 wheeler style clutch? My dad has another brand that is belt drive. Used heavily since 2007 on a commercial farm. No problems, no belt troubles. Pulls 16' tandem axle trailers too. Have a Honda on another farm that's only driven on the road. Honda is suffering no goes and it has had a pampered life. Those people bought a belt drive and have been going ever since.

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #5  
I had one. Very solid machine. Tons of power. Just wasn't for me.

Things I didn't like:
  • I hated that the roll cage covered the whole bed. Made it a pain to load and unload big stuff in the bed. If you get the 3 seater this isn't an issue.
  • Motor is under the seat and the seat gets hot. Like really hot if you're just putting around real slow
  • It's hard to keep a really slow steady speed which is a pain if your using it to spray anything.
  • They don't have as any after market accessories for things like a cab and the ones they do have aren't as good as the cabs for some other brand utvs out there.

1639758397947.png

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #6  
I had one. Very solid machine. Tons of power. Just wasn't for me.

Things I didn't like:
  • I hated that the roll cage covered the whole bed. Made it a pain to load and unload big stuff in the bed. If you get the 3 seater this isn't an issue.
  • Motor is under the seat and the seat gets hot. Like really hot if you're just putting around real slow
  • It's hard to keep a really slow steady speed which is a pain if your using it to spray anything.
  • They don't have as any after market accessories for things like a cab and the ones they do have aren't as good as the cabs for some other brand utvs out there.

View attachment 725346
The heck with the Pioneer, tell us more about your "passenger". Very nice.

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #7  
Yamaha's belt is warrantied for ten years,Polaris gave belt drive a bad rap.I have two Yamaha's ,and owned five,never a problem at all.

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000
The heck with the Pioneer, tell us more about your "passenger". Very nice.
Looks like the passenger had one too many......or took one too many

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #9  
I'm also curious about the Honda Pioneer.

I wouldn't be interested in the -5 model for the reason Alex listed.

I will have an enclosed cab. I'm curious how tight the cab is? How well the heater works? How easily the doors can be removed for Summer use?

I've had 3 belt drive machines, Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha. No more belt drives if I can help it.

If the Can Am machine wasn't belt drive there would be no debate for me. Their cab is first class all the way.

Hopefully we can get some input from Pioneer owners?

/ Thinking of getting Honda Pioneer 1000 #10  
I'm also curious about the Honda Pioneer.

I wouldn't be interested in the -5 model for the reason Alex listed.

I will have an enclosed cab. I'm curious how tight the cab is? How well the heater works? How easily the doors can be removed for Summer use?

I've had 3 belt drive machines, Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha. No more belt drives if I can help it.

If the Can Am machine wasn't belt drive there would be no debate for me. Their cab is first class all the way.

Hopefully we can get some input from Pioneer owners?
Richard - The cabs for the Pioneer are very sub-par compared to the Can Am, Polaris, John Deere cabs that I have been in. Just my opinion but it seems like the frames of those machines were designed/built with having a full cab in mind where with the Pioneer, the cab was an after thought.