thinking of hydraulic sliding tines on forks?

/ thinking of hydraulic sliding tines on forks?
That is a draw (just to see if I could draw your attention ). No just kidding, good eye that piece on the left fork is just a sleeve around the tine with a pin welded to it for testing and fitting it was not welded to the tine so I could move it up and down to get the right placement. I did not want to weld to the tines until I was sure on the right location and things were going to work. I only did that on the first side then the second side was just a copy. I have removed it now but I guess not before I too the pic.

Oh ya 94bullet the side shift is when the entire carriage is slid side to side with hydraulics very common on warehouse type forklifts. I don't know what the official name of the hydraulic adjustable tines is?

/ thinking of hydraulic sliding tines on forks? #14  
Oh ya 94bullet the side shift is when the entire carriage is slid side to side with hydraulics very common on warehouse type forklifts. I don't know what the official name of the hydraulic adjustable tines is?

I did a search. HLA and C E Attachments are calling theirs hydraulic sliding tine. You are right about the side shift.

I got things all plumbed up Sat. morning including running lines from the rear remotes with QC at the loader connection and at the front of the loader cross tube (ready for a grapple now). The forks slide perfectly so things will be welded solid and painted today.:) hydro forks 3.jpg

/ thinking of hydraulic sliding tines on forks? #16  
I got things all plumbed up Sat. morning including running lines from the rear remotes with QC at the loader connection and at the front of the loader cross tube (ready for a grapple now). The forks slide perfectly so things will be welded solid and painted today.:)View attachment 348240

Looks like a really good job. We had to put the cylinders on top of the forks for overlap with the stroke we had but it worked well also. Is the 1/2" plate you attached the cyl bases to braced. They can put alot of stress on the plate and with sideways force they would be easy to bend without bracing. For example a 2" bore cyl at 2500psi is 8000lbs. Just don't want to see you bend anything!! CJ

I have been using the Upgraded forks quite a bit lately since spring has arrived and what a great setup this is working out to be. I have a cab on my tractor so it is nice not having to get out to adjust the tines anymore.