Mowing Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #1  

tc18ny

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B3200HSD
I bought my B3200 with MMM a little over 2 years ago and am thinking I want a RFM. I like the MMM, it's built well and has done well for me. What was once very neglected pasture around my place is slowly becoming tall grass as I've worked on it with the brush hog. I'd like to start mowing it soon with a finish mower on a tall setting. I'd like to trade my 60" MMM and brackets for my B3200 for a 72" RFM of good quality and condition. Before I go through the process, do you think I would be able to find a fair trade? My deck is in very good condition, just cutting the lawn with it for 2 seasons. Let me know your thoughts kubota guys.
Regards,
Up On The Hill

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #2  
I think your best bet would be to try and find someone that wants a MMM like yours and selling it to them.

Will

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #3  
I think your best bet would be to try and find someone that wants a MMM like yours and selling it to them.

Will

Make your ad a For sale or trade ad with what you've got and what you want. A dealer in your area may trade since the MMM is more expensive but I love the RFM myself.
My first RFM was a light weight red low quality RFM that broke a few times. I traded it for a Landpride that was built like a tank and every weld was noticeable. Get a good RFM and heavier is usually better in tractor implements.

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #4  
tc18ny, Any idea how much you'd want for the MMM?

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #5  
What is your reason for swapping mowers? Build quality, ease of removal, to get a wider cut, or to get a higher cutting height?

I like my rear mount 84" because I can back it up under pine trees and don't need to do any trimming. That and ease of removal are the things I like.
If you are wanting a wider cut I'm wondering if the decrease in ground speed due to mowing more material would negate the benefit. Ultimatly you need to look at acreage per hour.

A belly mower has the benefit of not inducing neck strain...

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish
To answer a few questions -
- I'm not sure how much I would sell it for. I paid about $2400 new a couple years ago if memory serves me right. Ideally, I'd like to trade even-up.
- I know a rfm would do a much better job in my wide open pastures, than a mmm, after I brush hog them down one more time. They are mostly ready now to finish mow instead of hogging. The additional height adjustment, ease of adjusting the height, and ease of taking on/off are all pluses of a rfm. I take my mmm off almost every time after mowing because I use the tractor for a lot of other things.
- I've owned a rfm in the past and know the differences in capabilities. Most of my yard trees are pines, which a rfm would be easier to get under.
- I want to go from a 5ft to 6ft deck, but can't justify the cost in a mmm upgrade.
- I like to change things up once in a while!

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #7  
If you even trade for a finish mower you will be a bit behind I think...

Last month I bought a 6' Sitrex RFM for $1800 (Dang thing weights 700lbs - had it shipped to the house)
Don't lose money on the deal - that MMM is more expensive - make sure you get your $$ back out of it

I recently changed from a Kubota BX series tractor with a MMM to a 35HP tractor with a RFM, and have reduced my mowing time by 2 hours across 5 acres.

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #8  
I have a howse finish mower. It is heavy duty, and a pretty good match for my L3240. If you don't have a loader you might have to add weight to the front of your tractor. My mower weighs about 700 pounds.

image-1035665881.jpg

/ Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #9  
I have a heavy duty Land Pride AT 2572 side discharge, but your probably looking for something newer?

Attachments

• AT2572.jpg
    AT2572.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 98
   / Thinking of trading/selling kubota mid mount mower for rear finish #10  
The MMM is more expensive than a RFM but your RFM is used so it's not going to bring new price which doesn't mean you need to take a beating on it. Several years ago I paid Barlows $1250 for a cheap RFM which kept breaking and he gave me my $1250 back toward a Landpride 6' tank rfm for $1700.
I was using a B7800 FEL with the cheap light weight breaking rfm with no issues going up and down hills. When I got the Landpride rfm it would swing my tractor around at the bottom of the hill when I'd turn but no problem, just made turning easier. :D I traded the B7800 FEL to a Grand L3240 HST+ FEL at twice the weight of the B7800. The mower never turned the L around or even knew it was back there except......when almost cresting the steepest hill the L started running out of steam. Guess twice the weight with almost the same HP is going to affect pull power.
In my opinion a trade for a good used RFM should bring you money, a trade to a new heavy duty RFM may draw you money but may not. A cash sale of your used MMM for fair used price and then purchase a new RFM may be close in money with you maybe getting some money back.
Price new ones and decide which one you want. Ask if the dealer will trade and how. If not acceptable price yours for a fair used price and then go buy the one you want.:2cents: