Price Check Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #1  

Bull Of The Woods

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR 4140
new member here. I have been reading a lot of the posts over the last few months and have learned sooo much. I wanted to get some opinions on a price quote I was given. How does 23,895 sound for the new 4140?

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #2  
I'd say that is a open station, but is it gear or hydro?
It's in the ball park.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #3  
I got the XR 3037C with loader (shuttle shift) for 23k out the door

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #4  
I've seen recent ads for the XR3037Cab w/loader and shuttle shift for $23,500. It's a little smaller than the XR4140.
There is an XR4140HC for $29,495 so the no cab, no HST 4140 price seems in the ballpark.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140
Sorry it took me awhile to get back on here, something about these holidays seems to take priority. Yes it is open station and gear shuttle shift. I haven't really tried to work on him about the price yet, other than just asking "what's your best price?" Of course I intend to try some more and maybe get him to throw in a couple extras such as loading the rears with rimguard. But really wanted to get the opinions from some previous buyers. I had a quote on a Kioti DK 4510 for $ 22,800 dealer is about 45 minutes away. And a Kubota Grand L 4060 for $24,750 dealer is about 30 minutes away. Shuttle shift on both of these also. My LS dealer is 10 miles away, I have done business with him before when I bought a Dixie chopper mower about 12 years ago. So LS is right in the middle of these 3 units Kioti being about a thousand less and Kubota about a thousand more. WHATTA YA THINK ??

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #6  
By the way, Welcome to TBN..................

It's your money and we members are happy to help you spend it.
The 3100 and 4100 series are the newest models with the new LS engine. The older 3000 and 4000 series (like my XR3037HC) have the Shibaura engine. Both are good engines. The Shibaura engines regenerate about every 4-5 hours where the LS engines can go 40-50 hours between regen cycles. Having a dealer only 10 miles away is a good thing when you need parts. The best thing for you to do is try each one out, see which has the best feel in the seat, control layout, dash gauge layout and compare their specs. The XR series is a premium tractor that does come with more standard features and options that others charge extra for.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140
Thanks for the heart felt welcome! Its always fun to spend other peoples money, You just don't reap all the benefits. I was very interested in the XR 4040 but when I went to talk to the dealer last week he said I really need to look at the new 4140 and told me about the much longer intervals between regen. I told him I was a little concerned about the new "in house LS engine" since it has not been in production very long and he said I understand your concern. But not to worry, he said the new engines are actually the Mitsu engines which have been in many of the LS models for years. Blue printed by Mitsu and assembled by LS so sounds like a new engine for LS but based off of Mitsu technology. So hopefully it will be as reliable as the others have been.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #8  
The local dealer is getting $22K for a XR4040 shuttle shift, so $24 for the XR4140 isn't totally crazy....a touch high maybe.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #9  
Your price is in the ballpark from what I have been quoted from the LS dealer in Oklahoma City. I have been reading up on here for a few months as well and was looking hard at the XR4040C shuttle shift. Now I'm a few weeks from ordering a XR4155HC.

Go sit on and listen to a XR4040 running at 2,000 rpms. Then go sit on and listen to a XR4140 running at 2,000 rpms. The 4000 series engine is much louder, especially with the open station. That along with the 50hr vs 4hr regen cycle put me on the 4100 series. Pricing was only few dollar more for the 4100 series.

Good luck and post some pic's when you get your new tractor.

/ Thinking seriously about a new LS XR4140 #10  
Cataclysm

I'm in the process of pricing out a 4155HC, would you mind sharing the prices you're seeing?

Thanks