This forum is a treasured resource - Ignition switch repair DK40 se hst

/ This forum is a treasured resource - Ignition switch repair DK40 se hst #1  

southerniltractor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130
Greetings fellow Kioti tractor owners! I used this site as my primary resource for purchasing my 2011 DK40se hst. As the weather grew colder, I began having problems getting the starter to engage. After verifying a strong battery,, I disassembled and checked all my connections (battery/ground to tractor/wires to starter). All were clean, but I shined them up anyway. No luck, so I called my servicing dealer and he suggested replacing the 70 amp relay as a first step as it is the cheapest component in the system that usually causes my symptoms. When that failed to fix it, I finally got smart and searched the forum for "starting problems" and found numerous threads regarding the ignition switch. I squirted it with WD40 and let is soak for a day before squirting it again. Since doing that, the tractor is starting perfectly.

I appreciate your insight and initiative to share your experiences here. I'll add this site to my list of "things to be thankful for" next Thanksgiving.

/ This forum is a treasured resource - Ignition switch repair DK40 se hst #2  
You can also take the ignition switch apart and clean the internal contacts.....but it might be easier to order a new one and just swap it out. I have squirted my original a few times and it's still kicking.

How's retirement treating ya?

/ This forum is a treasured resource - Ignition switch repair DK40 se hst
I'm so **** busy now, I don't know how I ever had time for a career! Oh, I remember...I never even started the numerous projects I'm tackling now.