This is my last post on TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / This is my last post on TBN #211  
See, I think TBN's main traffic is no longer tractors.

Weird.

Sort out the threads with 10 or less posts...Thou shall see enlightenment.
I totally agree. There have been a couple dozen posts on this thread saying we should only talk about tractors. And tractors has NOTHING to do with this thread!!!! :rolleyes:

/ This is my last post on TBN #212  
I totally agree. There have been a couple dozen posts on this thread saying we should only talk about tractors. And tractors has NOTHING to do with this thread!!!! :rolleyes:

I think the guy wanting to know about specifics on his tractor, gets his answer and only comes back once there is another problem. Those guys don't content support a forum.

I wish I had the Metadata from TBN...it would become very clear where to add another log on to the fire...so to speak.

/ This is my last post on TBN #213  
I think the guy wanting to know about specifics on his tractor, gets his answer and only comes back once there is another problem. Those guys don't content support a forum.

I wish I had the Metadata from TBN...it would become very clear where to add another log on to the fire...so to speak.
I agree.

Few years ago I was member of a "tractor" site that rarely had any posts about tractors. It's money game was the UTV portion of the site. Funny part about it was there were a couple Trolls that totally dominated that site. They would jump all over a new member for starting a thread and asking a question. They emphatically stated "that's what the search feature is for". I thought that was sooooo funny. That mentality ran off a lot of potential members.

I've saw a few incidents of that here. Again I am amused by it. We should always encourage new threads. Even about previously discussed subjects. Which, on TBN, is everything involving a tractor. Only exception would be new technology.

I'll go out on a limb and say 60% of today's posts are not tractor related. :)

/ This is my last post on TBN #214  
James,
I remember how you shot me a photo when I couldn't get it through my head which receptacle to mount to hook up my welder.
Gonna miss you,
Stuck

/ This is my last post on TBN #215  
I just read all 22 pages though the afternoon. So here are some of my thoughts.

Do you have to be a moderator to try to steer a good thread back to where it won't get shut down? I know of several times where I've just gently tried to cool the conversation off a bit. Most times it's worked. At least I tell myself it has and the thread is still going.

When I first started here I was inexperienced and made a few mistakes. I caused a good thread on John Deere 24 volt systems to get shut down. It still bugs me and I've often felt that I owed Texas Jim an apology. So my apology's to Texas Jim.

If someones response to my opinion makes me angry I often give myself some time to cool off. I find that lets me respond in a much more mature way. Sometimes I'll just say to myself that it's not worth the effort and not respond at all. That's kind of tough to do because after all, I'm right. :)

As far as an explanation as to why your post got deleted or a thread shut down. That's usually not to hard to figure out and I can see why the mod's don't want to spend time on it.

All in all I'm pretty happy with what I learn here. Not everything goes that way I want it too but if everyone thought the same way I do.... it would be a fiercely boring world. It pays to remember that.

/ This is my last post on TBN #218  
Read many great posts by the OP over the years. He will be missed.

/ This is my last post on TBN #219  
Read many great posts by the OP over the years. He will be missed.
Amen.
Some of us are just taking up space here. His posts actually had content worth reading.

/ This is my last post on TBN #220  
Does someone know the break down of nationalities on this forum? What % of members are from North America?

Status
Not open for further replies.