This might not be good

/ This might not be good #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Just dropped the 7510 at the dealership. While moving the snow today I slowly started to hear a metalic grating sound come from the right rear wheel area...

At first it sounded like crunching ice under the wheel, so I ignored it for about 20 minutes but as I cleared the parking area it was obvious there was something wrong.:eek:

The machine performed normally. When I got to the dealership the salesman agreed, something was not right. Still under warranty, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, although it'll be 4-5 days before they can look at it. Tried 2 dealers and both were the same time frame..

Just got my truck back after 4 weeks sitting at the dealership waitng for parts, whole new front differential. seems GM is cutting back on parts stock..
:mad:

Any ideas on the grating/grinding noise. And yes there is plenty of hydraulic/transmission oil...

Let me know your thought...:(

/ This might not be good #2  
Just dropped the 7510 at the dealership. While moving the snow today I slowly started to hear a metalic grating sound come from the right rear wheel area...

At first it sounded like crunching ice under the wheel, so I ignored it for about 20 minutes but as I cleared the parking area it was obvious there was something wrong.:eek:

The machine performed normally. When I got to the dealership the salesman agreed, something was not right. Still under warranty, so I'll keep my fingers crossed, although it'll be 4-5 days before they can look at it. Tried 2 dealers and both were the same time frame..

Just got my truck back after 4 weeks sitting at the dealership waitng for parts, whole new front differential. seems GM is cutting back on parts stock..
:mad:

Any ideas on the grating/grinding noise. And yes there is plenty of hydraulic/transmission oil...

Let me know your thought...:(

Are you sure that the wheels and hubs are tight?

/ This might not be good #4  
yeah, checked them too. It is clearly inside the axel or gear case

That don't sound good!!!!!!:D

Just to be clear.... you did tighten the cross bolt that holds the hub to the axle as well as the wheel bolts.

Last edited:
   / This might not be good
Every thing is tight....

Haven't done any work on the tractor lately..

/ This might not be good
Picking the tractor up tomorrow,

dealer changed the trans/ hydraulic oil found no metal filings,

however..They said the hubs (i'll know tomorro for sure where they are talking about) need to be greased every 60 hrs or so, or you get a metal on metal grinding sound...

yeah its not in the manual. Just one of those things they discovered:rolleyes:

/ This might not be good #7  
Can you ask your dealer if that is just for the 7510 (or do other models need it too?)

/ This might not be good #8  
I'd be interested to know what they mean by " grease the hubs". My 2400 has the same type of adjustible rear hub and other than tightening the pinch bolt, they've never been "greased" in over 400hrs. Please let us know what this is! Thanks

/ This might not be good
Alright here is the skinny.....

Being saturday only the salesman was in... He does not know if this issue applies to other models but if they have the same design then I'm sure it'll hold true..

They greased the actual shaft where the adjustable wheel hub sits. Remove the hub and lather on some grease.

Doesn't appear to be an actual wear issue, just a creaking between the 2 metal parts. Do I really believe thier diagnosis? Not really, but the noise is gone..So?

Any thoughts?

/ This might not be good #10  
Doesn't appear to be an actual wear issue, just a creaking between the 2 metal parts. Do I really believe thier diagnosis? Not really, but the noise is gone..So?

Any thoughts?

Re-read post 2. :D