Thompson implements

/ Thompson implements #1  

KevinMcD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I have a new 30 hp tractor with the Woods 1016 FEL, with the quick attach system. I am looking at buying some implements made by a company called Thompson out of Canada. They have the quick release system as well and the person selling them says they fit most skid steers. Has anyone heard of Thompson and do you think they will fit the Woods FEL? Any input would be appreciated. Because of the location I can't "test fit" them.

Kevin McD.

/ Thompson implements #2  
I'd be curious what "fits most skid steers" means.

Does it mean 'most' brands? Is there a single quick tach that 'most' brands use, i.e. like the Bobcat specs?

Or does it mean 'most' of all the skid steers out there? Would this possibly include the Bobcat specs as well? I see more and more companies adapting to the Bobcat style quick attach. Is it the most popular then?

I was at a trade show once that had an exhibitor who displayed adapter plates to adapt different machines to the Bobcat attachments, and I was amazed at the wide variety of quick attach specs that were covered with these plates. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Thompson implements #3  
Kevin McD.

I am not familiar with Thompson, but Thomas is in Canada. http://www.thomasloaders.com/ They make a lot of VERY NICE skid steer attachments. I have their 4:1 bucket I use on my L4200 Kubota. Their attachments WILL fit standard skid steer quick Tach systems. If your loder has a quick release system like the attached photo, It will fit. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif KennyV.

Attachments

• 732475-QuickTach1.jpg
    732475-QuickTach1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 113
   / Thompson implements #4  
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Again, I ask (maybe this is a dumb question /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)
what is the "standard skid steer quick Tach system" ?

Is it the one on the Bobcat?

Or one of the other brands of skid steers?

/ Thompson implements #5  
Hello beenthere…
Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I didn’t intend to not answer your question… The standard is Bobcat… As used with Cat, John Deere, Case, Gehl, JCB, Mustang, New Holland, Volvo and I am sure many others… There are a lot of attachments made for and by those manufactures that will interchange. If you like I’ll post the measurements, but from what I have seen, they are all a ‘standard fit’. KennyV.

/ Thompson implements #6  
I'm good.
Thanks, just interested in clarifying the thoughts in my head as well as within this thread as to the 'standard' or 'most', just as I suspected /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So Bobcat is the 'standard' like English is the 'standard' language.

/ Thompson implements
Thanks for the info. It probably is Thomas. The guy who has the attachments is selling them for someone else and maybe got the name mixed up (or I did). My set-up is the same as yours. I was concerned that the height of the plates might not be "universal" or the width might be wider then the receiver on the attachment. I think I'm going to see if he'll let me take it with me for a few days to try it on my tractor. Thanks again,
Kevin McD.