Thought I could save $ on a used B3030, but 0% finanacing makes it hard to do...

/ Thought I could save $ on a used B3030, but 0% finanacing makes it hard to do... #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Local dealer has a used B3030 available listed for $13,900 with loader (200hours). Add mower, rear remotes, front forks, quick attach etc, I'm at about $20K (at full MSRP - no dealing yet). New setup (no dickering ) would run me about $24K. Cost of money calculation is quickly closing the gap. Used financing is 10.5% :eek: :eek: :eek:

If I leave my 20K invested - at 6% for 3 years = $3,934 - so for $66 I can have a brandy new unit - actually $566 - got to figure in Kubota's insurance costs etc. Doesn't make much sense to go with the used one... If I do better than 6%, I'm ahead. Got me worried about selling my used New Holland:eek:

/ Thought I could save $ on a used B3030, but 0% finanacing makes it hard to do... #2  
The high prices on used machines, the lack of good clean used machines in this area and the 0% financing (JD and Kubota) led me to buy new after shopping the used market for months.

If you have cash for the used machine its a different story.

/ Thought I could save $ on a used B3030, but 0% finanacing makes it hard to do... #3  
N80 said:
The high prices on used machines, the lack of good clean used machines in this area and the 0% financing (JD and Kubota) led me to buy new after shopping the used market for months.

same problem I'm having. i'm finding a few used models locally i'm interested in, but the year and hours on them isnt enough to suffice the price difference of buying new. not to mention the 0% financing and warranty with buying new. the used models i've looked at have firm prices too(even when offered cash) so spending 2-3,000 more for new doesnt seem so bad when you look at all that comes with it.

i'm new shopping for Kubota and today i was quoted $28,000 out the door for a brand spanking new M6040 open station, FEL, 4WD, hydraulic shuttle(not sure exactly what kind of tranny that is), telescoping draft links, and R1's.

Last edited:
   / Thought I could save $ on a used B3030, but 0% finanacing makes it hard to do...
N80 said:

Only if the discount on the used machine is greater than what you'd earn if you kept it in the bank or invested - not the case in the above example...