Thoughts on China trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Thoughts on China trade #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
When I first heard of the problems with the poisoned pet food I turned to my wife and said "I'll bet they switched to a Chinese supplier", well sure enough it was announced the poisoned wheat came from China. I'm really confused now, I thought wheat ( and all the other grains) was one of the things we were going to sell to China? Too bad for all the farmers that thought this was an acceptable trade-off for losing all those manufacturing jobs that the current administration says no one in the US wants to do. Well, at least we are still selling them commercial airliners, but wait, didn't I hear this week that the Communist Chinese government announced that they were forming a company to build commercial airliners? Oh well, I guess we can sell them ah, ah, ah, what can we sell them?

/ Thoughts on China trade #2  
We need to send them a load of Ivy League MBA's to wreck their business model.

And lawyers.

/ Thoughts on China trade
cp1969 said:

And lawyers.

And what business model would that be ? The convict labor model or the forced labor model?

/ Thoughts on China trade #4  
I'm sure they could ruin either one.

/ Thoughts on China trade #5  
cp1969 said:

:D :D :D :D :D I love (& agree) with that one ...............CP :D :D :D That's probably why the Chinese business is doing so well . They don't have a bunch of MBA'S running the show.

The company I work for , brought in some company that told them they could increase production & save time / money doing away with paper work orders & put everything on a blackberry. :D :D :D 2 1/2 years now, production has dropped like a rock because of constant malfunctions with the system. Management won't admit the system is a failure , because someone higher up spent alot of money this screwed up system.

/ Thoughts on China trade #6  
kenmac said:
cp1969 said:
... That's probably why the Chinese business is doing so well . They don't have a bunch of MBA'S running the show.

Nope, they have guys with guns. People work surprisingly well for guys with guns.

/ Thoughts on China trade #7  
MossRoad said:
kenmac said:
Nope, they have guys with guns. People work surprisingly well for guys with guns.

That's funny :D None of the dealers on the chinese tractor fourm have said that they have seen people with guns in the tractor factories making the people build tractors:confused: From What I've read ,they have visited the china tractor factories several times

/ Thoughts on China trade #8  
turbo36 said:
When I first heard of the problems with the poisoned pet food I turned to my wife and said "I'll bet they switched to a Chinese supplier", well sure enough it was announced the poisoned wheat came from China. I'm really confused now, I thought wheat ( and all the other grains) was one of the things we were going to sell to China?
The manufacturer of the pet food is a Canadian company, not a US company.

Thread closed. Threads that are purely politics belong on another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.