Thoughts on Pricing - Selling my L3901

/ Thoughts on Pricing - Selling my L3901 #42  
State sales taxes are to be paid, irrespective of where possession changes hands, unless the purchaser has a sales tax exemption - such as by owning a farm, or being a foreign diplomat. An out-of-state dealer likely has not registered with the "in-state authorities" to collect in-state taxes, and so does not collect those taxes. The purchaser then, is obliged to pay the sales tax, but as someone pointed out, rarely does the purchaser volunteer to abide by the law.
Up until about 5 years ago, Amazon did not collect sales tax, except in those states where it had a physical presence - purchaser was still required to report those purchases and pay the tax. Amazon was not required by law to collect those taxes unless it had a physical presence in the state. When Amazon decided to open warehouses around the country, they changed their policy, began collecting sales taxes in all states (with a sales tax), because they were going to begin having a physical presence in various states, and it was not worth keeping a few states separated for which they would not collect sales tax.
Delaware, New Hampshire, and a few other states do not have, nor collect sales tax. Many, living near the borders of those states, find it worthwhile to drive across the border. They are still required by law to report the out of state purchases, and pay the sales tax, but that's done by few.

/ Thoughts on Pricing - Selling my L3901 #43  
State sales taxes are to be paid, irrespective of where possession changes hands, unless the purchaser has a sales tax exemption - such as by owning a farm, or being a foreign diplomat. An out-of-state dealer likely has not registered with the "in-state authorities" to collect in-state taxes, and so does not collect those taxes. The purchaser then, is obliged to pay the sales tax, but as someone pointed out, rarely does the purchaser volunteer to abide by the law.
Up until about 5 years ago, Amazon did not collect sales tax, except in those states where it had a physical presence - purchaser was still required to report those purchases and pay the tax. Amazon was not required by law to collect those taxes unless it had a physical presence in the state. When Amazon decided to open warehouses around the country, they changed their policy, began collecting sales taxes in all states (with a sales tax), because they were going to begin having a physical presence in various states, and it was not worth keeping a few states separated for which they would not collect sales tax.
Delaware, New Hampshire, and a few other states do not have, nor collect sales tax. Many, living near the borders of those states, find it worthwhile to drive across the border. They are still required by law to report the out of state purchases, and pay the sales tax, but that's done by few.
So......who should follow which laws?
Seems to be, choose which laws you want to follow these days.

/ Thoughts on Pricing - Selling my L3901 #44  
So......who should follow which laws?
Seems to be, choose which laws you want to follow these days.
As my Mom used to say "Some laws are meant just for those who will obey them."