Thoughts on this used 425?

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
Back again, still looking for a 425. Anyone notice any red flags on this one? I’m trying to contact the seller to get details. I can’t tell if he is an equipment flipper, or he’s just upgrading equipment, in looking at the other equipment he’s selling. 700 plus hours on a 2021, had to be very frequent commercial use!

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #2  
Machine looks good , a little dirty. It has a good many hours on it for only being about a year old. Hours should not be too much of a problem if it has been serviced as scheduled and not abused. It would be nice if he showed pictures of engine compartment and the attachments. Best bet is to talk to owner and check it out in person. My year 2000 422 power trac has about 3800 hours on it and still runs good, I replaced Ryobi engine about 800 hours ago and had several wheel motors rebuilt several years ago other than that very little problems.

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #3  
I find it odd how some people wont even wash off the dirt when trying to sell something. Like already mentioned, pics of engine and attachments would be nice. The attachments might have been left outside so check hyd cylinder rods for rust. Other then that, it is an in-person inspection. Look/listen, no squeaks when moving hydraulics (lack of lube), strong hydraulics and drive. Probably too carried away, but could bring a pressure gauge with the appropriate fitting to snap in the aux hyd circuit and check at least that psi, very easy.

/ Thoughts on this used 425?
Thoughts on the asking price? Looks like about 18k plus new for the tractor with the two buckets and forks.

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #5  
With the number of hours on it I would think $13, ooo is a little high unless the other attachments were in like new condition, which I doubt with that number of hours . Again it depends on how it was run and serviced.

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #6  
It's listed as having:

front bucket, pallet forks, and grapple bucket.

Kinda hard to hurt those, although I did bend my pallet forks by prying on concrete playground equipment anchors buried in the ground.

A new one today is $15,900
Large light material bucket is $700
Pallet forks $600
Grapple bucket is $1800

$19,000 even if bought today.

Can't figure the hours and how that affects value. I only put about 50 per year on mine.

Good luck with your decision process.

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #7  
It's listed as having:

front bucket, pallet forks, and grapple bucket.

Kinda hard to hurt those, although I did bend my pallet forks by prying on concrete playground equipment anchors buried in the ground.

A new one today is $15,900
Large light material bucket is $700
Pallet forks $600
Grapple bucket is $1800

$19,000 even if bought today.

Can't figure the hours and how that affects value. I only put about 50 per year on mine.

Good luck with your decision process.

Thanks guys, the seller has yet to respond so we shall see. It is tempting to think about spending extra and just getting a new one, but 6 grand is nothing to sneeze at.

/ Thoughts on this used 425? #9  
You might not want to listen to me, but the way I think about it is that it is $6k more, but spread that over the rest of your life (quality remains long after the price is forgotten). The reliability of a low hour machine is worth something and you may or may not want every attachment the used one comes with (or want even more!).
Are you going to keep it inside? Or leave it out in the weather? How bad do you need it? My driveway is 900' long and I am in New England which usually gets snow. As you get older these are great machines. Easy on and off as you don't have to climb up like farm tractors. Easy on the knees with no clutch, attachment changes are cake!!! etc. etc.

You might not want to listen to me, but the way I think about it is that it is $6k more, but spread that over the rest of your life (quality remains long after the price is forgotten). The reliability of a low hour machine is worth something and you may or may not want every attachment the used one comes with (or want even more!).
Are you going to keep it inside? Or leave it out in the weather? How bad do you need it? My driveway is 900' long and I am in New England which usually gets snow. As you get older these are great machines. Easy on and off as you don't have to climb up like farm tractors. Easy on the knees with no clutch, attachment changes are cake!!! etc. etc.
I will keep it inside for sure. I don't "need" it, I have 30HP and 60HP utility tractors, but I am a self admitted equipment junky. It seems there are a bunch of guys here with compact and larger tractors, that say they use their little PT's more than they do their larger tractors, due to how handy they are.