Three Diesel Pickups

Item Details
Item status
  1. Sold
2014 Chevrolet Duramax, crew cab 4x4 142k. Mainly drove once or twice a week.
34,250. Older farmer owns it. He has a brand new one just kept this one but wants a 1 ton as second truck. Goose Neck.

1995 F250 2x4 super cab 7.3 auto. Dark Blue. 182k or 184k miles. My dad has it. Runs great. Good looking but has a place where door was close to fender and it does have a little area there that needs attention. Nice clean truck. 24,250 runs great cold AC. Goose Neck.

2001 F 350 4x4 reg cab flat bed, kind of a welding bed, but a full square bed, skirted. Alum wheels, street tires on it no mud. Only 97k, under 100 thousand, hard to find this low of miles. Can be carf ax verified. 34, 250. Still a lot of miles to go on this one. Belongs to the older farmer that has the Duramax. He needs to invest this in some other equipment at the farm. Goose Neck.

Attachments

• 20210813_203343.jpg
    20210813_203343.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • 20210813_203357.jpg
    20210813_203357.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 20210813_203423.jpg
    20210813_203423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • 20210813_203431.jpg
    20210813_203431.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
  • 20210813_203656.jpg
    20210813_203656.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
   / Three Diesel Pickups #31  
So you saw a man sell a fairly new diesel pickup for scrap?

/ Three Diesel Pickups
That F350 is exactly what I'm looking for but I don't want to put that much money in a 20 year old truck.

First off, I will never, ever put 100 grand into any vehicle unless I hit the lottery and find myself burning a Missouri mule with 100 dollar bills. But there is a huge difference in that if you buy a new one it does have a warranty. And you are correct, it is the land of choice which is why I daid what I did. There was no ill intent involved in my statement just that I won't spend 34K on a 20 yo truck. Just like I won't spend 100 k on a new one. As far as the 7.3, I've known plenty of people with issues involving a 7.3 engine. Look, I hope you guys get what you are asking for your vehicles, I just made a preferential statement. Good luck.
I never thought any ill intent. But nowadays you can get that auto warranty I get 20 calls a day for. And those senior benefits calls, had two of them already, or senior care.. I have a nearly 200,000 mile gas engine. But they called and offered a towing addition to my insurance for a 100 mile radius. Now I roll in that 200,000 mile rig without a care in the world. I think that is where the market will go. Let the people with cars that go a long time absorb the repair costs of the diesels. Which will make the warranty companies a good investment stock wise.

/ Three Diesel Pickups #33  

If so, someone will part it out sell piece by piece for parts and make a nice profit!

/ Three Diesel Pickups
Yes, I woulda bought it and gutted the thing to install an old engine/trans. It was already on the scales and the scrap yard don't sell vehicles to individuals. I can buy junk but not vehicles. I think an auto junk yard has a deal to buy them. They crud a lot too, straight off your trailer. One day a guy brought a Mazda RX2 with a Wankel rotary engine. Got crushed while I was waiting in line. Saw a complete IH Metro get it too. Them guys don't care. Saw a Diamond Reo twin screw truck, I did get the Browning Lipe gearbox out of it. I knew it worked. That truck came from the concrete place. They probably got 500 for it. Any twin screw Diamond Reo is 10,000 not running. I pulled a 37 Diamond T out of a barn, looked mint. Winch truck 2 ton. Had kids all over it riding in the fair parade. I think it had a Hercules engine in it.

/ Three Diesel Pickups #36  
Man, maybe I should put my '97 F350 (PSD CC LB 4x4) up for sale...

/ Three Diesel Pickups
First off, I will never, ever put 100 grand into any vehicle unless I hit the lottery and find myself burning a Missouri mule with 100 dollar bills. But there is a huge difference in that if you buy a new one it does have a warranty. And you are correct, it is the land of choice which is why I daid what I did. There was no ill intent involved in my statement just that I won't spend 34K on a 20 yo truck. Just like I won't spend 100 k on a new one. As far as the 7.3, I've known plenty of people with issues involving a 7.3 engine. Look, I hope you guys get what you are asking for your vehicles, I just made a preferential statement. Good luck.
Fella I know well has newer Dodge. DEF went out under warranty they fixed. Year later DEF quit again. Wanted 5,000 to fix, another guy wanted 4,000 to delete. Guess which one happened? No more DEF trouble.
Man, maybe I should put my '97 F350 (PSD CC LB 4x4) up for sale...
Yeah but you'll wish you'd kept it. Even if you get a good price. I have no need for either of these trucks.

/ Three Diesel Pickups
Don't worry about it if you NOT a BUYER..:rolleyes: Prices of trucks/cars are up at least 41% If you don't like his prices go pay $80,000 grand plus for a new truck.I purchased a 2020 GMC Yukon Denali with 9,000 miles on it last dec/2020 paid $63,000 grand for it OTD.I now have 18,000 miles on the OD.My dealer called me last week and offered me $75,000 for it.How is that for crazy?

Attachments

• tempImagejhqOp6.jpg
    tempImagejhqOp6.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 481
Yes, hard to keep up with the times. Some people in our wonderful nation are paying 14 a pound for ground beef. Things are fine here but pricey in other areas. They offered you 75K. How much will they get for it? 95? That's the real market price. Not the 75.

/ Three Diesel Pickups #39  
Yes, hard to keep up with the times. Some people in our wonderful nation are paying 14 a pound for ground beef. Things are fine here but pricey in other areas. They offered you 75K. How much will they get for it? 95? That's the real market price. Not the 75.
Strangely, one of our best contributors on TBN just sold a very nice Suburban 4x4 loaded up for very reasonable price.
Perhaps……it’s…..the…….Diesel engine that helps those trucks hold a LOT more value?
Maybe all the gas guys who say diesel trucks are foolish to buy should take note? :unsure: ;)