Three Legged Chicken

/ Three Legged Chicken #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Have been trying to put this on here for a couple weeks but with everything going on I just hadn't been able. So finally I am off the pain pills enough that I am going to give it a try.

Wifey and I were driving along Bachusburg Road. Not really going anywhere, just a typical Sunday drive in the country. Anyway we passed a narrow gravel road that had a stop sign and my wife asked me where it went to. I said I didn't know that I had never been down it so.....,,I backed up and turned down the road. We drove a mile or so, saw one nice house and a coupe of shacks, typical Kentucky, suddenly my wife said STOP then BACK UP. I asked her what was wrong and she said that the rooster in the side ditch had something dragging the ground. So I backed up and there was this rooster looking at us as he was scratching and pecking the ground. And he had THREE legs. We both just stared at him for a minute and it was obvious the chicken knew what to do with those legs. He would be walking on two of them and scratching with the third. Didn't seem to matter which two he was walking with or which one he was scratching with. So I got out of the car and started around to get a better look. Mr. Rooster did not like that and took off down the road a lot faster than I could. So I hopped back in the car and cleaned out both side ditches getting turned around. I quickly caught up with Mr.Three Legs but he took one look and sped up leaving me in the dust. I caught him again about thirty miles an hour and he took one look and again left me in his dust. Now forty-five is freeway speed on a narrow country road but I managed to catch up again and I'm telling you those three legs were a blur. He watched me get closer and about the time we got within good camera range he sped up again and left us in his dust. Must have been doing 70-mph on that one lane road. About a quarter mile after he left us we noticed the dust trail going left down a narrow gravel side road or drive way. So I backed up, again, and turned down this road. Drove a couple hundred feet and rounded a corner and there was an old farmhouse with a couple hundred three legged chickens in the yard. We just sat and stared

"Howdy folks" we heard. Turned around and there was an old farmer standing there. "How do y'all like my chickens?"

"What and how?" I asked. "And why?" Asked my wife.

"Well," he said, "it's just me and my wife and my idiot nephew we're taking care of. He's from her side of the family. And our favorite meal is fried chicken. And all three of us like the drumsticks best. So I bred these chickens to have three legs. That way we could all have a drumstick.

He got quiet as he stood eyeing his creations scratching around in the yard.

After a long moment my wife asked him. "Well, are they good to eat?"

"Don't know," he replied. "Ain't never been able to catch one."

/ Three Legged Chicken #3  
My uncle raised chickens for Holly Farms and he had a chicken with 4 legs, would walk on 2 for a while and then walk on the other 2. Not as fast as the one you "saw". Ed

/ Three Legged Chicken #5  
Wow!! And this isn't even the joke thread.

/ Three Legged Chicken #9  
Almost sounds like those chickens the Colonel engineered for KFC because legs are the number 1 preferred piece

8 leg chicken.jpg

They could never catch them either ....