Throttle Surprise from Steering Retrofit

/ Throttle Surprise from Steering Retrofit #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Part of the retrofit Kubota did on my 2710 involved changing out the throttle control. When I was brush hogging Wednesday I found I could barely get the 2600 RPMs for PTO speed. Before, I could get several hundred RPMs above that (even though I never go there).

I got the brush hog in some barbed wire and went to shut down the engine RPMs and found the lever moved OK, but the RPMs were stuck at 2600!

After removing the dash, the steering wheel, and the instrument panel I found that the problem was the throttle linkage was hung on a bolt head on the side of the frame down low. I adjusted the linkage as it connects to the injectors so that I could get plent of RPMs without the danger of having to push the rod past the bolt head and risk getting it stuck. Turns out there was no need to take the dash and stuff apart.

Now the throttle works perfect.

I checked out a NEW 2710 that otherwise has the hydraulic lines like mine (after retrofit), and it does NOT have the bolt head there for the throttle to get hung on.

The power steering is working fine, but of course it has not been hot.

Alan L., TX
South of Bugtussle
North of Mustang
On the banks of Buck Creek

/ Throttle Surprise from Steering Retrofit #2  
ALAN,
did the mechanic check it after he did the work? sounds like you are a better
mechanic than he was.
accordionman
william l. brown

/ Throttle Surprise from Steering Retrofit
I am a pretty pitiful tractor mechanic. But it makes you wonder why they left it in such a condition.

Alan L., TX
South of Bugtussle
North of Mustang
On the banks of Buck Creek

/ Throttle Surprise from Steering Retrofit #4  
Alan
Your dealer sure has a bad track record for competing service correctly. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif My tractor is still is running without problems. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif