throttle up switch

/ throttle up switch #1  

jonsstihl

Veteran Member
Just tried out a grand l 4760. Is it just me or is the throttle up switch useless. I thought it was an on off switch that would stay on as long as you wanted it and then you pressed it again to lower the rpm but no. you have to hold the stupid little badly placed switch as long as you want to up the rpm.

anyone ever modify the switch to stay on without holding it down.

/ throttle up switch #2  
The throttle up switch is primarily to speed up lift speed of FEL, which takes only a few seconds.

What other use do you intend?

You can adjust the speed of ALL hydraulic controls through Intellipanel on a Grand L. I am old. I have my hydraulic controls adjusted to 80% of default.

Last edited:
   / throttle up switch #3  
The throttle up switch is primarily to speed up lift speed of FEL, which takes only a few seconds. Throttle up is independent from engine, similar to an independent PTO. All Grand Ls have cruise control.

What other use do you intend?

You can adjust the speed of ALL hydraulic controls through Intellipanel on a Grand L. I am old. I have my hydraulic controls adjusted to 80% of default.

No, the button adjusts engine speed. Which in turn makes the hydraulics move faster. It's not independent in the slightest. Open center hydraulics are intrinsically dependent on engine speed for hydraulic flow.

I have my L4060 set to boost the engine RPMs to around 2,000. I mostly use it with my 3rd function when using the hydraulic post hole digger. In theory it's mostly for faster loader speed, but in practice I found I dont end up using it. Might be the fact I need more RPMs to dig in a pile or what not with the smaller engine on my L4060. But I generally have the RPMs up already or seem to be doing smooth precision lifting stuff benefitting from slower speed.

/ throttle up switch #4  
FALLON: I checked the Operator's Manual. You are correct. I guess I am stationary most of the time when I throttle up, which is seldom.

There is an Intellipanel setting specifically to alter Throttle Up response, separate from other functions.

Last edited:
   / throttle up switch #5  
FALLON: I am just off the tractor.

On my L3560 when throttle-up button is engaged, engine increases in RPMs to increase speed of FEL lift, but tractor speed over the ground remains constant, similar to throttling up/down an independent PTO.

/ throttle up switch #6  
I haven't used the throttle up switch yet, but I have used backhoes that have had them. The primary use is to have faster FEL response. I plow snow with my FEL-don't need much more than 2000 rpm for all the travel speed I need, but when I go to dump a bucket load of snow, full throttle will dump the bucket quicker.

Will