Tier 4 DK?

/ Tier 4 DK? #1  

TJP89

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST TL, Gravely ZTHD
Don't know if this has been discussed already, but it's new to me.

Poking around on Kioti's website yesterday and saw that the DK series is back, but in Tier 4 and designated the DK10 series. According to the website there is 45 through 55 engine HP models, in 8 by 8 synchro or hydraulic shuttle. The tractor seems about 500# lighter, with less hydraulic capacity, but a increased 3PT lift. The loader for these isn't up yet. It seemed more advanced electronically. Other than that, it seemed that the tractor was pretty much the same.

I know people have reported that their DK or DS was power shuttle, causing confusion, and this may be the cause.

This may be old news, but I'd be interested in hearing all your thoughts on this.

/ Tier 4 DK? #2  
My understanding is the new DK line took the place of the DS series. Good tractors with out all the bells and whistles.

/ Tier 4 DK? #3  
I don't understand their thinking on this. It will just confuse buyers like JD has done reusing the numbers.

/ Tier 4 DK? #4  
I looked at the website and if I had to make a guess I'd say the DK 10 line is the replacement for the DS line. It would appear the DS line is using the older mechanical engines and the DK 10 use the electronic engines. I would also guess we'll see the DK line go away before too much longer once all of the inventory has been sold off.

Jason