Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #102  
I wonder what would happen if we forced Spacex to go to a tier on their rockets they are always launching here in California. Possibly because they couldn't get them off the ground if they did. Also I think that if they really thought to electrify our country than why not make all Eletric cars with Identical batteries that can be changed in a few minutes in a station like a gas station now. That would be better than having to pull over in some strange place only to find the charger not available or not working at all.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #104  
They are cars. They want proprietary parts. EVs will be the worst in that regard. There isn’t any planning to make things like that because it’s too hard to sustain corporate profits and dividends. I like the contradictions that the government is always showing. Like reducing pollution, housing shortages but importing people. Hurry and buy an EV, next sentence says batteries prices are coming down. So why buy now? Put money into local companies, new jobs, next sentence Chinese companies are opening solar factories in the United States and numerous other foreign countries are building windmills in the United States, oh yes and car chargers some are costing $.5m each!! Go California. What a role model.

Last edited:
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #105  
If all the fires blowing east from the west coast. Then the people should be reimbursed for putting up with their pollution. All the trees that were lost, were helping with the air pollution. So removing trees by, fires, clearing ground for new construction, and so. The spaces that have vacant buildings and homes should be taken down by the previous owners of the property and the new building be put in that place. Grow new trees to help. What happens to the fines that the EPA places, where does the money go. I haven't seen any of it for having any of the fined products.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #106  
A lot of people don't understand that diet can stop
a lot of disease can be stopped by not eating or drinking
MEAT, COFFEE, SODA AND SWEETS
the first 3 items make your system acidic and cancer
can thrive in a acidic sytem and loves sweets
drinking water with lemon juice makes your system
alkaline

willy

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #107  
I always said the same thing about the VW diesel TDI cars. When the EPA was made to look like a fool because the VW's were cheating on NOx emissions, they came down on VW like a ton of bricks to set an example. 90% of all VW TDI owners traded their car for a gas model which literally got 15-20mpg less. Did anyone do a cost-benefit analysis to see if pollution was really reduced by switching people into vehicles which burned more fuel? Of course not. The loss of those TDI's was a darn shame...nice cars to drive, and 50+ mpg highway all day.
I had one of those VW TDI cars and it was a great car. 44 mpg and it would pass anything on the road. The mpgs rarely changed: city or highways at 80 mph. But I did resell the car to VW. They offered me so much that it would have been stupid to turn it down. I had about 100k miles on the car, time to do timing belt and other maintenance. They offered me $4k less than I bought it for new.

Last edited:
   / Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #108  
A lot of people don't understand that diet can stop
a lot of disease can be stopped by not eating or drinking
MEAT, COFFEE, SODA AND SWEETS
the first 3 items make your system acidic and cancer
can thrive in a acidic sytem and loves sweets
drinking water with lemon juice makes your system
alkaline

willy
? Lemon juice is acid, not alkaline.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #109  
Need one of those alkaline water machines

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #110  
I just perused a bunch of documents related to this upcoming tier 5 mandate, being pushed by California. It’s way, way bigger and far reaching than just adding <25hp tractor engines.

Everything to be regulated that’s considered off road

Considering even adding regulations on CO2 output. (What we exhale)

If you can’t persuade the little people, regulate what they like, out of existence. It’s so very obvious. The battery world is so heavenly, but they still feel the need to add thousands of pages of new regulations to popular power technologies, ya know…just in case you’re not convinced fast enough…

Last edited: