Tig welders

/ Tig welders #1  

echo8287

I had a miller Dynasty 200 DX and needed some money awhile back and sold it. I got the same amount I paid for it because the prices had gone up so much. I am now in need of another tig machine. Are there any good ones out there for less money than another Miller? The Dynasty was great and I liked it, but cannot afford the price these days. Maybe something around $1000 to $1500. Welding aluminum or stainless less than 3/16". If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it, Thanks Dave

Last edited:
   / Tig welders #2  
I haven't used one personally but Everlast seems to have some nice units for decent prices and a lot of positive reviews from owners.

I have a Dynasty 280dx and if I ever have to replace it I'll be looking at the Everlast line myself.

/ Tig welders #4  
Have a 200 dx also. Be hard pressed to sell, replacement here in Canuckland is around 7 grand now. I would try the Everlast, good things on the tube.

/ Tig welders #6  
"Who is Arec? "

Henro, looks like the mods agreed with me; the post I referred to is now GONE (as is my reply)... Steve

/ Tig welders #7  
Check this one out. I purchased one about a year ago and am working on my TIG skills. So far the unit has been flawless. High quality accessories too.

/ Tig welders #8  
I had a miller Dynasty 200 DX and needed some money awhile back and sold it. I got the same amount I paid for it because the prices had gone up so much. I am now in need of another tig machine. Are there any good ones out there for less money than another Miller? The Dynasty was great and I liked it, but cannot afford the price these days. Maybe something around $1000 to $1500. Welding aluminum or stainless less than 3/16". If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it, Thanks Dave
I have a Diversion 180, simple, not a bunch of setting to deal with. I do sheet metal using mainly 1/16" & .040" tungstens and it works well for me. I also done small 1/4" & 3/8" aluminum piece with 3/32" tungsten with no problems. I recently added a tig button on the torch & got rid of the foot pedal. Like the control much better.

/ Tig welders #9  
$6-800 will get you a Lincoln Square Wave 175, and $1500 should get you very close to a Precision Tig 225....assuming you don't mind used machines.