Tiller kick-stand....

/ Tiller kick-stand.... #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
Got home from work, greased my trusty KK tiller and hit the dirt today.

I Was finishing up a 2 acre till from last night. I was tilling up-hill, not super steep but I noticed the LS was seeming to loose traction, stupid R-4's I thought... the loss of traction compared to R-1 I have noticed the more I use the LS that is so equipped.

Pulled the 4x4 lever and continued on my way. Very shortly after the tiller started making a racket that sounded and felt like I lost the gear box then it locked up.

Luckily, I just Lost the kick-stand instead. I had forgot to hang it up after greasing the tine tube bearing.

Some bending back of metal and a new bolt and I thinks I'm good

People may knock a KK tiller, but so far I have treated it worse than it has treated me.... and I use it alot😁

Attachments

• 20220413_155231.jpg
    20220413_155231.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
  • 20220413_155250.jpg
    20220413_155250.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220413_155411.jpg
    20220413_155411.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 87
   / Tiller kick-stand.... #2  
I welded a cheap trailer tongue jack on the bar that runs across the front of the tiller which allows me to raise/lower the tiller to make it easier to hook up. Once its hooked up I just swing the jack up out of the way.

/ Tiller kick-stand.... #3  
Got home from work, greased my trusty KK tiller and hit the dirt today.

I Was finishing up a 2 acre till from last night. I was tilling up-hill, not super steep but I noticed the LS was seeming to loose traction, stupid R-4's I thought... the loss of traction compared to R-1 I have noticed the more I use the LS that is so equipped.

Pulled the 4x4 lever and continued on my way. Very shortly after the tiller started making a racket that sounded and felt like I lost the gear box then it locked up.

Luckily, I just Lost the kick-stand instead. I had forgot to hang it up after greasing the tine tube bearing.

Some bending back of metal and a new bolt and I thinks I'm good

People may knock a KK tiller, but so far I have treated it worse than it has treated me.... and I use it alot😁
I was thinking about a 72"-84" tiller just yesterday! Looks like KK is in the running now!

CT

/ Tiller kick-stand....
Like I have said, I have been harder on the KK than it's been on me. I have had good luck with my tiller.... and I use mine ALOT.