Tiller tiller with clutch on cutter shaft.

/ tiller with clutch on cutter shaft. #1  

koshari

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck35 , Deutz agrolux 4.80e, Deutz Agrotron 6.00 TT, Kobelco sk30ur excavator.
hi folks,

just picked up a tiller which needs a fair bit of work and noticed it has a clutch at the end of the blade shaft rather than where the pto attaches, is this common?? most if not all the others i have seen have the clutch at the splined bit where the PTO shaft attaches,
heres hoping i can free the clutch , have backed all the bolt springs off so will give it a go and see if it slips.
tillerClutch.jpg

/ tiller with clutch on cutter shaft.
big shoutout to member howardrotavator steve who promptly passed on the parts diagram and manual for the tiller. makes things a fair bit clearer for me.

3 issues i have discovered i need to address are,

- chain cover, has big hole worn in bottom from operating the tiller without the wear guard installed, will fab up and fit a new wear guard and fibreglass the cover.
Cover.jpg
- Clutch Not slipping at present, will need to disassemble this and inspect and free up the clutch plates.
clutch_housing.jpg
- input spline incomplete and slightly butchered, will need to cut a thread on the end of the input shaft and make up a splined yoke to attach the PTO shaft and mate against the oil seal to keep the oil in and weather out of the gearbox.
Gearbox_input_shaft.jpg