Tiller with my 1705

/ Tiller with my 1705 #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Hey fellas I haven't purchased the tiller yet but here is what I'm looking to get..RTC5G Compact Tillers

Getting it from the dealer i bought the tractor from. Anyone have experience with these tillers. Looking forward to getting the garden going. Thats about the only job ill have for it but it will certainly make that job easy.

/ Tiller with my 1705 #2  
Hey fellas I haven't purchased the tiller yet but here is what I'm looking to get..RTC5G Compact Tillers

Getting it from the dealer i bought the tractor from. Anyone have experience with these tillers. Looking forward to getting the garden going. Thats about the only job ill have for it but it will certainly make that job easy.

I have one, VERY good quality tiller, you would be hard pressed to find a better one..

/ Tiller with my 1705
Great I emailed him after he sent the info to let him know to keep one reserved for me. Get it delivered when I get back from work

I have one, VERY good quality tiller, you would be hard pressed to find a better one..

/ Tiller with my 1705 #4  
Bush Hog makes good stuff, I have one of there rotary cutters as well..

/ Tiller with my 1705
Sounds like they will be delivering my tiller when i get back from work. The 16th or 17th. My wife didn't say much about me getting something that I will use maybe 3 times a year. I suppose i could till peoples gardens in the spring so i can get some use out of it. Sounds like a good excuse to me anyway

/ Tiller with my 1705 #6  
Sounds like they will be delivering my tiller when i get back from work. The 16th or 17th. My wife didn't say much about me getting something that I will use maybe 3 times a year. I suppose i could till peoples gardens in the spring so i can get some use out of it. Sounds like a good excuse to me anyway

The three or four times you use it you will appreciate the fact that your NOT walking behind the tiller.. The way I look at it is, I have a PTO, why not utilize it as much as possible, I paid enough for the tractor so I may as well use it for what it's worth..

/ Tiller with my 1705
I couldn't agree more. Using a walk behind tiller doesn't sound bad when i sit here and think about it. I'm also not in my 20's anymore. Im 40 although I'm in good shape (could be better) I don't feel like beating myself up with our walk behind tiller. I won't dread doing the job either so thats a plus. My honey to do list BETTER include tilling the garden now!!!

The three or four times you use it you will appreciate the fact that your NOT walking behind the tiller.. The way I look at it is, I have a PTO, why not utilize it as much as possible, I paid enough for the tractor so I may as well use it for what it's worth..

/ Tiller with my 1705 #10  
My spring garden prep went from about a week with a walk behind (troy built pony- little one) to a couple of hours. If the annual rye cover crop gets tall, no problem, with the walk behind I had to mow it to chop it up. The PTO driven tiller has no problem with tall rye, corn stalks or any other crop residue that was impossible with a walk behind. I also have found that stuff does not tend to wind around the tiller like it does with a walk behind.
It may seem like you might not use enough to justify the cost but it gets so much done quickly with a lot less wear and tear on you that I think they are worth the cost (and it will be the last one you are likely to need, with a few hours a year use it won't ever wear out).