Tires Time for new tires on the B6100

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hey there, my B6100 has a leak in one of the rear tires. They are pretty badly dry rotted so I guess I've got my usage out of them. It has 29x12.00-15 turfs back there which I like as they are gentle on my not so hearty lawn. I don't see many options for this tire size but do see some 29x12.50-15 in the $160 a piece range. That should be close enough, right? Any thoughts on finding a better price? Thanks!

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #2  
If your tractor is 4WD then you cannot start changing tire sizes without a lot of planning.

The rolling circumference of the front and rear tires are designed into the transmission so the two axles are not fighting each other.

This material is from John Deere and I provide it to show you how this selection of tires is very important on 4WD tractors.

aN36uue.jpg

GvHmUUl.jpg

If you are not aware of the free manuals on Kubotabooks.com it would be worth your while to find a manual(s) for your B6100 and read the info about tires and sizes.

Index of Kubotabooks/Tractor Owners Manuals/

Dave M7040

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #3  
Have you considered being the first TBNer to get the new 14T tyres?

(spoken in the true tradition of TBN... spending your money before I have to. :))

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #4  
The 29-12.5-15 will be fine, the diameter is the same as your original tire. The 29-12.00-15 size has pretty much been phased out and the 29-12.5-15 is the replacement for it.

/ Time for new tires on the B6100
   / Time for new tires on the B6100 #6  
Dave, I get the sizing issues but as mentioned I think the only difference is the one I mention is half an inch wider.

Wag, do you mean these guys? Titan International Goodyear R14 Tire | Farm Equipment Publication If so there doesn't seem to be many size options but they look neat.

TMGT, thanks for the vote of confidence.

If it were only as simple as relying on the size marked on the sidewall.
An example:

I bought very expensive TRYGG studded tire chains for my brand new M7040 Kubota. $1,500.

The chains are advertised as not requiring any adjustment as they are made for specific tire sizes as published by the Tire and Rim Association.

The chains were far too long and I was pissed. TRYGG asked me to measure the diameter of the brand new tire supplied by Kubota. It was just over 3" smaller than the Tire and Rim size. That translated into over 9" too long.

Kubota just ignored the issue. Fortunately for me, TRYGG took the chains back to their distributor and modified them to fit the size of tire I actually had. No charge.

Just be careful. Measure and do not reply on published sizes unless it is a made in America Tire. When I was ordering my new tractor, I never thought that Kubota would be supplying it with tires from the poorest countries in Europe.

Dave M7040

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #8  
Hey there, my B6100 has a leak in one of the rear tires. They are pretty badly dry rotted so I guess I've got my usage out of them. It has 29x12.00-15 turfs back there which I like as they are gentle on my not so hearty lawn. I don't see many options for this tire size but do see some 29x12.50-15 in the $160 a piece range. That should be close enough, right? Any thoughts on finding a better price? Thanks!

I run the same size as you and no there aren't many options. That tire you mentioned should be fine as someone said above. Let us know what you decide. I'll be in the market too someday..!

/ Time for new tires on the B6100
I run the same size as you and no there aren't many options. That tire you mentioned should be fine as someone said above. Let us know what you decide. I'll be in the market too someday..!

The best price I can find seems to be the Carlisle 560478 on E-bay for $185 each. This is 10 ply.

There's also this one in a blemished but it may only be 4ply from Titan with a weight rating somewhat less than the one above.
29x12.5-15 TIRE 4 PLY BLEMISHED TURF 2912515 | eBay

/ Time for new tires on the B6100 #10  
Pricey aren't they. I think I seen them advertised as 10 ply.?
Not sure if I'd like 10 ply due to the ride. Tougher tire though.