timing question for a z134 engine

/ timing question for a z134 engine #1  

charlton289

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 massey ferguson GC 1705
i just rebuilt a z134 I got ti pop back thru the carb but I'm not sure which way to set distribiter forward or back one tooth to get fire and run if anyone has any idea please let me know thanks.

/ timing question for a z134 engine #2  
I'm just guessing here, but you could try it both ways...BobG in VA

/ timing question for a z134 engine #3  
i just rebuilt a z134 I got ti pop back thru the carb but I'm not sure which way to set distribiter forward or back one tooth to get fire and run if anyone has any idea please let me know thanks.
Rotate engine with number 1 on compression stroke. Stop.with fire on flywheel centered in window. Install distributor with rotor pointing to number 1 lug in cap. Adjustment slot for bolt should be centered. Install bolt finger tight, rotate distributor till points just open. You could hook an ohm meter across points and rotate distributor till ohm meter shows no electrical flow across points and tighten distributor bolt. Install cap and it should fire and purr like a kitten.
Good luck

/ timing question for a z134 engine #4  
So, did it work or not?

/ timing question for a z134 engine
Yes I set it to where the points just opened and put cap on a it turned over 2or 3 times and fired up and purred like a brand new motor thanks for tip now I know next time.

/ timing question for a z134 engine #6  
Yes I set it to where the points just opened and put cap on a it turned over 2or 3 times and fired up and purred like a brand new motor thanks for tip now I know next time.

This is good to know when I finally find a tractor. I will probobly end up up with one that needs some TLC so this info may come in handy. These kinds of tips can save a lot of frustration.

/ timing question for a z134 engine
Yup I agree and if I get the 3point lift working correctly I'll post that info also