Tip for handling filled tires alone please

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #61  
It's not too bad if you're careful. Jack up tractor to barely remove tire from ground, and walk tire off the studs. Keep tire vertical at all times. If tire starts to fall, let it go and don't try to stop it. When reinstalling tire, I like to get a stud at 12:00. Walk tire in place and get 12:00 stud started in wheel hole. Start a lug nut, and jack tractor up more. In my experience, this caused the wheel to drop in place.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
   / Tip for handling filled tires alone please #63  
I remove my fenders ( 5 mins) then use an engine hoist and a rugged strap. Tighten the strap as tight as you dare so the crane does not move away from the tire itself. Remove lugs and let the tire settle on the frame of the engine hoist. I've had them off like 5 times, no issues. They are loaded 17.4-24L.

Fred

IMGP0021_zps9a79c772.jpg

I remove my fenders ( 5 mins) then use an engine hoist and a rugged strap. Tighten the strap as tight as you dare so the crane does not move away from the tire itself. Remove lugs and let the tire settle on the frame of the engine hoist. I've had them off like 5 times, no issues. They are loaded 17.4-24L.

Fred

IMGP0021_zps9a79c772.jpg

:thumbsup:
Thats my plan

Had some free time today so I got the garage cleaned out and started on the tractor. I know getting them off is the easy part but it really was pretty easy and straight forward.

IMG_20160408_160110439.jpg

IMG_20160408_160439619.jpg

IMG_20160408_162145085.jpg

And yes I know 3 jack stands is overkill.
Hopefully, putting them back on is also anticlimactic.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #66  
   / Tip for handling filled tires alone please #67  
You can't have too many jack stands. Good job!

You can't have too many jack stands. Good job!

According to my operator's manual you are only suposed to jack from the center (drawbar housing) after "securing the front axle so it can not turn).
Since there is no "front axle" that turns/pivots and I did not know how to fix both front wheels..... Hence three stands.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #70