Tip for handling filled tires alone please

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #71  
I've done it. Not with your size but 16.9x 28. Fully loaded with calcium and cast iron centers. It was very interesting using a smaller tractor and trying to chain enough weight to the front end to keep it less than a foot off the ground. :).

The next time we built a stand with four rolling wheels. They were straight and didn't swivel. Would have been better with two swivels. Had two legs that rolled under the tire. Then two more uprights with some bracing. Roll under tire and chain to stand. Remove lug bolts. Roll out of the way.

This last time I just let the local tire shop use their boom truck. :).

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #72  
I did mine on my Branson 4520r by myself. Branson was smart enough to make two opposing wheel bolts to be studs. A lot easier to put a wheel on studs than it is to put bolts through the wheel and into the hub.

Could you get hold of two long bolts that match the thread ct and diameter of your wheel lugs/studs, and put them through the back/inside of the hub sticking out to give yourself this advantage (temporarily, of course)?

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #73  
Had some free time today so I got the garage cleaned out and started on the tractor. I know getting them off is the easy part but it really was pretty easy and straight forward.

And yes I know 3 jack stands is overkill.
Hopefully, putting them back on is also anticlimactic.

Hi Luke,

I'm glad you got er done, but if you used that hydraulic lift to raise the tire at all, you've overloaded it.

The rating on the side of the boom says 1/2 ton, and you said that your tires weigh 700# each.

Please be careful, just saying...
Thomas

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
Hi Luke,

I'm glad you got er done, but if you used that hydraulic lift to raise the tire at all, you've overloaded it.

The rating on the side of the boom says 1/2 ton, and you said that your tires weigh 700# each.

Please be careful, just saying...
Thomas

Thomas, can you explain more? How is it overloaded? Keep in mind I can be a little dense.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #75  
ton = 2,000 pounds
1/2 ton = 1,000 pounds
:confused3:

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
I do that kinda thing too. No problem! :thumbsup::drink:

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #78  
Dude, I'm still asleep, sorry my ciphering module loaded after my finger tapping module.
T
No problem, for a second, I thought the same thing. :dance1:

Last edited:
   / Tip for handling filled tires alone please #79  
No problem, for a second, I thought the same thing and I was right there with you :dance1:

PS. You have 24 hours to delete or modify your post so ours don't make any sense... you have until 5:35 tomorrow night to change it :D
Too late ... unless #74 goes with it

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #80