Tip for handling filled tires alone please

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #81  
That thread makes it clear that a lot of helpful things could be learned ... but that you can get around this by making a special tool instead.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #82  
That thread makes it clear that a lot of helpful things could be learned ... but that you can get around this by making a special tool instead.
A cell phone to call 911 is a good tool to have also

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please
So the wheels went back on almost as easy as they came off! Really anticlimactic.

Engine hoist, ratchet strap and concrete floors make it super easy.

Thanks everyone for the help! :drink:

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #84  
So the wheels went back on almost as easy as they came off! Really anticlimactic.

Glad you got it sorted out. Now get after those stumps. LOL
You might wanna get a ripper tooth, too. I'm about to install mine and see how it does. ripper_lg.jpg

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #85  

You made it look easy!:thumbsup:

You made it look easy!:thumbsup:

Subframe is on. Power beyond loop installed. Tractor is back together.

I have yet to mount the hoe. Pretty sure I can make that harder than it should be! Lol.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #88  
Who's did you get?

BroTek. The folks on this board have mostly good things to say about them so I got one from them.

To me it seems a little pricey for what it is but we shall see. I got the trencher option too but don't know if it'll do much, looks can be deceiving. If not I can always put the bucket back on to dig a trench. At 150 bucks for a piece of angle and four bolts I know the trencher is probably overpriced but I was more concerned with stumps than the trencher. However, they were very quick to get it made, (from my measurements) out the door and on the way.

In case you're wondering they are way up there in the boondocks of Canuckistan, (New Brunswick, Canada). However the tooth only took about a week via post to get here and it arrived on schedule with two postal systems involved. Imagine that.

/ Tip for handling filled tires alone please #89  
I'm a little late to this, but I use a pallet jack. Very easy to manipulate the tire, but you have to be careful that it doesn't topple over when wheeling around. And the floor has to be smooth.

HD09_1805.jpg