Tire axle extensions - tire spreaders for hill crossing?

/ Tire axle extensions - tire spreaders for hill crossing?
Just a quick update - The 6" Bora spacers (12" total) have been on all summer. Really makes a big difference going across the hill. I keep the bucket very low and the bush hog running but feel much better. But the seat belt always goes on when crossing the hill. :) The only problem is that I am now wanting a 72" bush hog - the 60" is well inside the space between the rear wheels. 72" may be too big for mowing up hill. The tractor struggles and really has to slow down going up hill just from all the weight.

/ Tire axle extensions - tire spreaders for hill crossing? #12  
Just a quick update - The 6" Bora spacers (12" total) have been on all summer. Really makes a big difference going across the hill. I keep the bucket very low and the bush hog running but feel much better. But the seat belt always goes on when crossing the hill. :) The only problem is that I am now wanting a 72" bush hog - the 60" is well inside the space between the rear wheels. 72" may be too big for mowing up hill. The tractor struggles and really has to slow down going up hill just from all the weight.
If loss of traction or power, back up the hills while mowing.

/ Tire axle extensions - tire spreaders for hill crossing?
If loss of traction or power, back up the hills while mowing.
The RK37HC seems to have less power going backwards. At least it feels that way to me. With 4 wheel drive traction is not an issue, but the engine is working hard to haul 3400 lbs. of tractor, 800 lbs. of beet juice, 1050 lb loader and 400-500 lb. bush hog up 10-20 degrees. I think it loses a bit in the hydrostatic drive. I am wondering if VG 46 hydrostatic oil would be better.

/ Tire axle extensions - tire spreaders for hill crossing? #14  
Brush hog size should be based on engine/PTO power, less so on wheel width. The 'rule of thumb' I've been told is 5hp at the PTO per foot of width.

My JD 3005 is rated 27hp engine, 24hp PTO, and runs the 5' brush hog reasonable well, but definitely slows down when the grass is thick. Being a gear drive model, the tiny powerplant is able to send more HP to the PTO. Hydrostatic drive uses more hp to move the tractor, leaving less available for PTO powered implements. If mine was hydro, I'd not be able to run the brush hog as well.

I made and installed spacers myself, many years ago. The majority of the rear tires is outside the cut swath, which mashes down the grass/weeds, but for the extra side hill stability, I'll take that compromise. I tend to mow in a clockwise pattern, which tends to allow the brush hog blades counterclockwise rotation to better pick up and cut the previous swath's smashed down grass, as the left side of the mower is now over where the right side tire ran on the last pass. Still get some streaking, but not bad. It's a brush hog in a pasture, not a finish mower on the front yard.