Tire chain question

/ Tire chain question #1  

GKranch

Tractor
Montana t7470, David Brown 1210
I recently purchased a t7074 and really like it. But, I need it to be a snow mover and I'd like to put a set of chains on the back (I have them on the front). The back tires are 18.4 x 24 and are R4 industrials. When I look at the clearance between the sidewalls and the fenders I get concerned about the clearance. Have any of you put chains on this tractor? Any recommendations on chain style, size or brand? Thanks in advance.

/ Tire chain question #2  
From photos on the web, it looks like the rims (& wheel width) are adjustable??
Check out if the inner rim "pan" can be mounted so it flairs in or out (out for wide).
Also check if this inter-rim pan can be attached to the outer rim ring on either the inside or outside of the "tabs" on the outer rim ring for less/more width.
Also, check if these tabs are offset (not centered) on the rim so that depending on which side of the tractor you mount that outer rim/tire, the wheel width will vary too.

/ Tire chain question #3  
A few places sell low clearance chains. They arent as heavy duty as standard tractor chains, the chain is smaller so it doesn't need as much clearance.

Another option would be to add wheel spacers. You could try sending an email to Richard at BroTek to see if he can make some for you. He is very helpful and made some for my Mahindra even though they weren't listed on his website.

/ Tire chain question #4  
On a tractor that size you should be able to alter the rear wheel widths. Check your owners manual. There should be eight(8) varying widths.

Be VERY careful if YOU decide to modify the width. Even with only air in the rear tires, they will be heavy & awkward. If you have any sort of added fluids in the tire - I would recommend either have a tire shop do the mods or somebody that has done this previously. A Rim Guard filled tire of this size will weigh 1000 pounds or more.

/ Tire chain question
I've looked it over and over and there is no way to move the wheels out. And, I do have Rim Guard in the tires. Thanks for the help. I think I'll try some ladder style chains with some good tighteners, the turnbuckle type. If I don't go too fast I might be ok.

/ Tire chain question
From photos on the web, it looks like the rims (& wheel width) are adjustable??
Check out if the inner rim "pan" can be mounted so it flairs in or out (out for wide).
Also check if this inter-rim pan can be attached to the outer rim ring on either the inside or outside of the "tabs" on the outer rim ring for less/more width.
Also, check if these tabs are offset (not centered) on the rim so that depending on which side of the tractor you mount that outer rim/tire, the wheel width will vary too.

Thanks for the ideas. I've looked at them all and I think the only way to adjust the width into put plate between the rim and hub. I'd also have to replace the studs to make them longer. But, at that point, I'd be concerned about any weakness. Plus, the fenders are part of the cab, so it looks like I'll try some low clearance chains. Thanks again for your reply.