Tire Chains

/ Tire Chains #1  

joeyd

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM 353HST
Any one have a site with screaming deals on tire chains?

/ Tire Chains #2  
With all the snow around the country last winter, likely no one is sitting on a warehouse full of them that they want to get rid of at a cheap price.

But look into making a set just to see how the costs break down. I made mine because I couldn't find the size to fit my R-4 tires (I didn't like the "our size fits all" stock answer). :)

What you putting them on?

/ Tire Chains #3  
Unless you find a super deal close to home, www.tirechains.com is probably your best bet for quality chains at a good price.

/ Tire Chains #4  
Have to agree with Roy. I bought chains from tirechains.com last year. I thought they were priced fairly.

/ Tire Chains #5  
I have been wanting a set of Aquiline Talons since the middle of last winter. The only place that I can find that sells them is tirechainsrequired.com. I checked today and they are still out of stock for my size. When I started searching for chains I was suprised how few dealers and options there were on tractor chains. If you need them don't wait until the last minute. When these guys run out they are out until the next snow season.

/ Tire Chains
I am putting them on a TYM T353 HST with r-4's size 43x16.00-20. Tirechains.com has a few styles that would fit but with the grade on my road I would prefer an H pattern chain for the ice versus a 2 or 4 link pattern. Les Schwabb has some H patterns but they will have to cut them down and they are just under $300.

/ Tire Chains #7  
I've got a steep driveway that gets covered in ice nightly during the winter season. The 2-links w/ turf tires have never so much as slipped on it.

/ Tire Chains
Well I pulled the plug on some 4 link v-bar chains from Tire Chain.com. They returned my call promptly and were very friendly and helpful. I would reccommend them on that alone but their prices are good also. Talking to my neighbors who deal with the same road issues I have the v-bar should do the trick.

/ Tire Chains #9  
at lest you have a little time before you really need them

/ Tire Chains #10  
I've got a steep driveway that gets covered in ice nightly during the winter season. The 2-links w/ turf tires have never so much as slipped on it.
I used a Cub Cadet for years with loaded tires and chains on my sloped, paved, driveway(1 wheel drive).
I figure if my new Massey 4wd, with dif lock, chains and turfs don't cut it.........I gots a Bic:laughing: