Tire chains

/ Tire chains #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
My little B7100 tractor had 4 link vbar ladder chains. These made the ride much less than pleasant.

I was told a solution would be to add diagonal links which I did. Works well and smooths ride down. Even seems to have more traction???

Pic. attached

Attachments

• tractor chains.JPG
    tractor chains.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 531
   / Tire chains #2  
Is that little mule still beat'n on you,enough so you need a better saddle ride. ;)

Morning Egon.
By the looks snow level also down in your area.

/ Tire chains #3  
Egon
Great idea! I think I might try that too! I wished we had some of that white stuff, plenty cold, but still bare ground here in Little Rhody.
Egon I was up your way last summer, but between all the rain and mosquitos we cut the trip short. It sure is pretty country along the coast though.
Teach

/ Tire chains
Yes, we do have some pretty country up here!

Darned bugs can also be bad out in the woods.:D

/ Tire chains #5  
Cool idea. It should give you more sideways gription too, if you ever find yourself going across a slope. Where did you get the extra cross chains?

Tom

/ Tire chains
The diagonal links are just ordinary chain fastened on with the split connectors. Had to go to three local hardware stores to get enough connectors and still ended up with two parallel links fastened with ordinary chain fasteners.

/ Tire chains #7  
Good job. What's that thing on the back, I can't make it out from the pic?

/ Tire chains
The thing on the back is a home built "Tool Bar" of Egon design!:D

Just added some chains to the front wheels. They did not fit quite properly from the box so I had to literally rebuild them to fit.

Went to farm and tried the chained up tractor out in some snow. The difference is almost unbelievable. Feels like different tractor. Was actually able to lug it down without loosing traction.

Closer picture of tool bar and one with a home built rake/harrow ??? contraption attached to it.:D

Attachments

• toolbar.JPG
    toolbar.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 287
  • windrfowing hay.JPG
    windrfowing hay.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 288