Tire lug repair

/ Tire lug repair #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I searched for this with no real results, here, Pirate, Google, etc.

I only have about 70 hours on my tractor, but I somehow partially ripped a lug... no clue on what. It's a 2015 Titan and I'm surprised it'd get ripped so easily.

Anyhow, I'd like to put it on so it doesn't rip the rest of the way off. I thought about just using the rubber cement that comes with a patch kit, but wondering if there's a better option? There's a tire shop just up the road I could drive to, but he's not much of a talker so I'd like to know what the best option is before I head up somewhere.

/ Tire lug repair #2  
Rubber cement won't hold. That only works if you included some un-cured rubber to bond the pieces together. I would use urethane windshield adhesive. That stuff turns to a tire hard rubber and has to be cut to release. You need to make sure both surfaces are clean then apply it to one side. Secure the loose piece with tape until cured (over night) but don't drive on it for another day.

/ Tire lug repair #3  
A lot of torque on those lugs. May not be able to replace it.

/ Tire lug repair #4  
Check the tire repair section in Gemplers. They all kinds of stuff for repairing lugs.

/ Tire lug repair #5  
i agree with Ken- that windshield urethane adhesive is about as tough as any rubber product out there

i have a little lug repair to do on both of my tractors after this summers tree removal and woods clearing.
When I get done urethaning - will try to post the results

/ Tire lug repair #6  
I lost one lug on the Deere 110... don't even know how I did it and now this spot has canvas showing.

/ Tire lug repair #8  
I don't believe any type of bond will hold lug onto tire, you'll either have to live with it or buy a new tire if it bothers you
DevilDog