Tire size for Kubota L245dt

/ Tire size for Kubota L245dt #1  

Jimbo16720

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens h1704- IH 464- Kubota L245dt
I have a 4wheel drive L245 and from everything I can find it says I should have 11.2-24 tires on rear and 5.00-15 on front. Mine has 5.00-15 on front but 16.1 on rear. These are a turf tire and rib on front. Now wouldn't the circumference of the tires have more to do with being 4wheeldrive than the rim sizes? It doesn't seem to have a problem in 4wheeldrive other than a little harder steering like any 4wheeldrive. I see some of the 2wheeldrive L245's have these tires on the rear but haven't seen any pics of 4wheeldrives with them other than mine.

Attachments

• DSC01310.JPG
    DSC01310.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 140
   / Tire size for Kubota L245dt #2  
Everything I've seen gives the same information. If yours has turf tires on the rear (which are smaller than ag tires) I suspect the front tires should be correspondingly smaller as well to preserve the ratio for four wheel drive. Try to score an owner's manual or perhaps make a visit to the local dealer if you can't get a look at a shop manual at kubotausa.com.

/ Tire size for Kubota L245dt #3  
The 11.2-24 tire is an R1 tire or an ag tire with lugs. Either style "ag" or "turf" were available for your tractor. Keep in mind that the front tires NEED to match the style of the rear tires. On the turf style, the front tires don't necessarily have to be the diamond pattern but do need to be the correct matching size in order to keep the front to rear drive ratio correct. This also goes with the ag style tire. From your picture, things look pretty close.

/ Tire size for Kubota L245dt
I've downloaded a manual from online and it shows 3 different sets for the 3 models of L245 tractors. They have an L245 2wheeldrive, an L245H which is higher but 2 wheeldrive , and an L245dt like mine that's 4wheeldrive and different combination of tire sizes. But all I see for my L245dt is the 24 inch rear and 15 inch fronts. I do have a sticker on the fender which has the air pressure and it shows 24 and 15 too. I'm just wondering if the turf tires are off a 2wheeldrive but the same circumference as a 24 inch ag tire. Like I said it's the circumference of the tire not the rim size that should matter.

/ Tire size for Kubota L245dt #5  
I just did some looking and Kubota does list 13.6-16 Turf available for the rear on the L245DT, but I could not come up with the matching front tires. I do remember having customers with turf tires on their L245DT. This was back in the 80's, so it's taxing the brain to remember the correct size.

/ Tire size for Kubota L245dt
I found a set of 16 front tires and rims and 24 rear tires and rims for $500 with r1 ag tires in good shape.