Tire valve stem question

/ Tire valve stem question #11  
I have an old, very old truck axle under a trailer and I have to turn the core out a turn or two to add or check the air, then turn it back in. Dunno why, just works that way.

/ Tire valve stem question #12  
You are refering to the valve core. I doubt that replacing it will make a difference. In more than 50 years and hundreds of tires,I don't recall a single time that I experienced what you are talking about (inability to put air in tire),,,,,,,,then about 10 years ago I thought something was wrong with the chuck on my air hose. I replaced the chuck and had the same problem. I have wrestled with the problem ever since. I somewhat solved the problem by keeping stem extensions in/on every truck,tractor,car and atv plus a few in shop near compressor. I haven't figured out whether the problem is with stems or chucks but it's a pita for sure.
Not sayin I'm glad you have a problem, but I know what you talkin about. Got several chucks and gauges and sometimes it seems nothin will work right.

/ Tire valve stem question #13  
Use a file and cut down the brass top of the tire valve stem a bit. ... if it's only one tire. If it's all of your tires, check your air chuck.

PS ...blow out all the filings before you try the air chuck. You don't want debris in the valve seat.