Tire wobble on my GC2410

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
So it appeared my front left tire had some play it so with further inspection it looked like a tie rod was shot. But then looking further, one or both of the steering mech brackets are bent. I do work my machine hard but can't imagine where that could get bent.

Should I replace the whole thing?

C683FC25-4974-49DB-B82D-2D7CEB689174.jpeg8DF256B8-F350-4BE4-9FBE-5C7FF6C0C579.jpeg

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #2  
I'm going to guess that pictures don't at all do justice to what you're talking about. Other than some tattered protective boots that look desprately in need of replacement I'm not seeing any bends. Got a straight edge to hold against the bent parts to better illustrate your issue?

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #3  
Mine has done the same thing for years. At the slow speeds it travels, it isn't anything dangerous. I've forgotten what I did to secure mine. I do remember installing a larger bolt of some sort. The engineer who devised the brackets for mounting the steering cylinder should be fired. I'm an amateur and could have done much better.

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #4  
on my 2400 the tie rods do bend outwards a bit with tires centered straight. both do, no wobble on mine.

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410
I agree, those pics didn't show the whole picture. Here's what I encountered today. Took it all apart and bent the brackets back straight. I'll replace them including that long bolt that came loose and started the problem.

DB4E0844-4F43-4C05-936E-F1770574B6F3.jpeg90A05E9B-AC2D-4896-8326-D01114A8BBFD.jpeg

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #6  
i wonder-There was a recall done on the GC 2400 and 2600 series tractors because the brackets were installed incorrectly at the factory. Mine was fixed under the recall but that was like 8 years ago. I think there are some posts on here about the specifics.

I know you said you use it hard but-maybe it wasnt your fault?

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410
i wonder-There was a recall done on the GC 2400 and 2600 series tractors because the brackets were installed incorrectly at the factory. Mine was fixed under the recall but that was like 8 years ago. I think there are some posts on here about the specifics.

Possibly, I never received or read about a recall since I bought it in 2010 or 2011. I'll search later when I have some time.

/ Tire wobble on my GC2410 #9  

Mine had the recall done and it is my belief that they did a poor job of routing the hoses that caused one hose to rub until it leaked. I got no reply to my request that they look into this under warranty. It was after this that I had to repair the bent brackets. I am prepared to completely redesign the brackets if this becomes a problem again.