Tires

/ Tires #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Anyone have any experience with these { TIRES } I am thinking about putting a set on the PT. I'm not to much concerned about the hard ride of a 6 ply. I do a lot of work in the woods thinking they will help to ward off flats.

/ Tires
Anyone have any experience with these { TIRES } I am thinking about putting a set on the PT. I'm not to much concerned about the hard ride of a 6 ply. I do a lot of work in the woods thinking they will help to ward off flats.

/ Tires #3  
I have similar bar, or lug tires on my 1445, and they are 26X12X12 but they are 4 ply. 6 ply would be better, especially working in the woods. Keep in mind that the recommended tire pressure will change. Just adjust the tire pressure until you get a good foot print. The higher you go in plies, the maximum tire pressure will increase, and also the weight limit will increase.

Attachments

• 903473-Grabhandles.jpg
    903473-Grabhandles.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 90
   / Tires #4  
I have similar bar, or lug tires on my 1445, and they are 26X12X12 but they are 4 ply. 6 ply would be better, especially working in the woods. Keep in mind that the recommended tire pressure will change. Just adjust the tire pressure until you get a good foot print. The higher you go in plies, the maximum tire pressure will increase, and also the weight limit will increase.

/ Tires
I like the look of these, over traditional bar tires or lugs. The wife told me I had a flat this weekend after lifting the tree stump. I knew it was just the turf tires with the 2 ply sagging under the weight.

Since I do lift heavy things, and have decided not to ( shhhhhhhh whisper!!! ) reverse my wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm thinking the stiffer side walls should also increase stability some what under heavy load.

/ Tires
I like the look of these, over traditional bar tires or lugs. The wife told me I had a flat this weekend after lifting the tree stump. I knew it was just the turf tires with the 2 ply sagging under the weight.

Since I do lift heavy things, and have decided not to ( shhhhhhhh whisper!!! ) reverse my wheels. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm thinking the stiffer side walls should also increase stability some what under heavy load.

/ Tires
J.J.

I was just wondering how those tires ride on a hard surface with the bar setup? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Tires
J.J.

I was just wondering how those tires ride on a hard surface with the bar setup? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Tires #9  
Barry;
I have the bar tires on my 180. The bar tires ride very smooth on pavement and soil and they have excellent traction off road, the one drawback is snow plowing with the bar tires on pavement. I ended up buying chains for the front and back-It really made a huge difference traction wise. The bar tires are not very gentle on a damp lawn.

/ Tires
Maybe I should think about this a little more before I jump. I was pretty impressed with the traction of my turf tires this winter they were good on ice and snow. I had no problems going through deep snow up to 12 inches, or up and down icy driveways on an incline. Maybe I will just get a good 6ply turf. Thanks for the information I appreciate it.