Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket

/ Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket #1  

Bullwinkle123

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400HST, Z724XKW-3-54
I just took delivery of one, and after pestering multiple topics for information on this bucket (largely unsuccessful) and scouring the web for information (also unsuccessfully), I'll post my (ongoing) review here.

Head's up: this was potentially a fool's errand on my part, but so far no blame goes to Titan Attachments.

I purchased it from palletforks.com: 84-in High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket
$1699, or about $1818 (or something like that) delivered.

The implement arrived in excellent shape in a combination wood pallet plus metal frame with legs (so now I have some extra scrap steel for welding projects).

One of the biggest fears I had was that my Kubota SSQA would not fit right based on _old_ reviews of Titan Attachments where people had poorly fitting SSQA connects.
I'm happy to say that the bucket fits like a glove, there are absolutely no issues with this bucket on connect.

The perforated top means I can see where I'm going, and because that massive 49" deep bucket protrudes so far, I can even see the bucket lip through the holes if I angle it up enough.

The fool's errand for me, aside from risking a brand which years ago had more than a few bad-fit reviews, was that this is a heavy and wide bucket for my tractor. Most of my loader implements are 72" and 400 lbs. This is 84 inches and 750 pounds. I want it for truly light materials though and really wanted that 49" depth and 35+ square foot struck capacity. At 750 pounds it weighs about the same as higher quality name brand, but much smaller, buckets. That's because the bucket steel is thin by comparison. Had it used the same thickness steel as other large buckets it would have weighed twice as much. I don't know how thin the steel is yet. The edge is also only 1/2 inch thick. The whole bucket may even have a slight sag to the middle, barely noticeable, maybe not there at all, more later.

Meanwhile, all I've done is cart one load of too-small-for-my-grapple-pieces of fallen tree bits to my brush pile with the bucket. No issues, but at that weight (and the edge far from from the pin) it definitely drives like a my heavy duty bucket full of gravel. I have loaded rears and had my blade on the back, I can see I'll someday be making an even heavier ballast. I won't be taking this through my pitted and steep field, it's strictly a non-challenging terrain cleanup bucket for me.

Overall, so far so good. I'll post pictures later, it was getting dark when I finally got it on the tractor. The shipping was fedex, the tracking was good, I have zero to complain about. How well it will hold up over time I don't know. They clearly state it isn't for digging or heavy materials, and if I'm worried about any product quality issues it's the bracing /strength of the bucket bottom. I'll see how it works on some mulch later this week.

I'm glad I didn't try anything heavier, though perhaps they would have been okay since most of the other buckets I looked at aren't nearly as deep as the Titan Attachments, which is the deepest I could find by about 8-9 inches. Heck, the wife and I could put lawn chairs in it and use it for a viewing stand. It's really that deep.

/ Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket #2  
Sounds good.

Looking forward to pictures.

/ Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket
Some pictures of the bucket. We'll start with the fun ones.

DSCN3343.JPG

That's my L2296 heavy duty bucket in the foreground, about 9 cubic feet struck capacity. The Titan Attachments bucket is 35.xx cubic feet, so nearly 4 times as much.

Here's my new Billygoat blower and a sledge hammer to lend some perspective.

DSCN3346.JPG

Contrast that with the regular bucket:

DSCN3347.JPG

And finally, because I know someone is thinking of this:

DSCN3350.JPG

Okay, so much for the fun photos. Next reply is for the down-to-business photos.

/ Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket #4  
neat pix.jpg
Thanks.

So let's get down to why this bucket is $1699 delivered, compared to the HLA MBHVX84 (39” deep, 35” high, 3/16 material, ¼ endplates. 755 lbs. Stuck cap 39.4)
which was my other top choice, but would have been almost $2500 just to get it delivered to the dealer (so more shipping charges would apply), and whose delivery date was extremely uncertain. Maybe I'll wish I'd sprung for it, time will tell.

The Titan Attachments bucket is careful to advertise that this bucket is not for digging or anything other than light materials.
I haven't measured the thickness of the main sheeting yet, the various reinforcement slaps look to be about 1/2 inch, certainly that's all the edge is per their advertising.

If you look at the bucket head on, it is slightly bowed, as confirmed with a straightedge. That's because there's little in the way of reinforcements, gusseting, what have you, for the huge depth of this bucket.

DSCN3353.JPG

Those plates on the bottom are likely more effective as skid/wear plates than anything having rigidity values. Furthermore, the plate do not connect cleanly with the bucket edge.

DSCN3357.JPG

Note the top pieces failure to connect by something approaching 1/2 inch, some of the others are a bit closer. Clearly precision and consistency weren't a strong requirements in the manufacturing process. Makes me wonder how it'll do even sliding it into a pile of bark mulch.

Just makes you want to get out there with the welder, doesn't it, and graft some more support onto the thing.

Meanwhile, I bought this for use as a glorified tarp, and it should do fine there. I am hoping it will do well hauling mulch and _slightly_ heavier things too, but haven't tried it yet.

Two other things. The SSQA interlock is perfect (picture attached), and also a picture of the bucket on the MX5400. It's big and heavy, but not overwhelming the tractor. However I definitely would not recommend anything smaller in the tractor department, and it's heavy (and big - as in weight away from the pin) enough that much more care is required in its use with my tractor.

I'll post the steel thickness when I get a chance. Meanwhile, nobody needs to ask about all the things they _don't_ say on the palletforks.com Titan Attachments web page for this attachment, hopefully. They're definitely stingy with the details.

Attachments

• DSCN3366.JPG
    DSCN3366.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3364.JPG
    DSCN3364.JPG
    783.4 KB · Views: 82
   / Titan Attachments 84" High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket #7  
(y)