Forks Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #11  
Agree. If they wont make good in a timely manner, dispute the charge. No way would I send it back on my dime.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #12  
Send the SSQA rack back and eat the shipping. Live and learn. Get a proper set of forks.
I am not an EA groupie, but my EA forks came strapped to a pallet, and are the best!

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #13  
I am not an EA groupie, but my EA forks came strapped to a pallet, and are the best!
My Titan rack and forks came metal banded to the pallet as well. And it was FedEx that delivered them along with my grapple. The grapple was caged in angle iron and banded to a pallet too.

Did the pallet show any damage? I had to cut the metal bands to get my rack and forks off the pallet.

You should have filed a loss immediately. No one here can help you--Don't waste time. Get busy. Contact your credit card company as well.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #14  
Presumably you paid with a credit card; it's their responsibility to get you what you ordered - a usable set of pallet forks. Dispute the charge and force them to give you a paid label to return them.

I think this is a blessing in disguise -- next time you order, don't cheap out on fixed forks as you're going to find that while the fixed width may work fine for pallets, pallets are the least common thing you're going to be lifting with those. My forks are usually set as wide as I can get them!

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #15  
Absolutely right @bearthebruce! How do you loose something that is 95lbs and over 48” long? I’ll tell you how, sloppy packaging by Titan. The SSQA rack I received was a joke. It was even re-labeled by FedEx because the original label wasn’t readable. The paint/powder coating is worn to bare metal in places because it was not packaged properly. I would rather have paid for shipping and had them put both the rack and forks strapped to a pallet than ship FedEx ground.
I had a similar experience and wrote a review on these forks, complete with photos. Everything arrived, but several days after the expected date because the shipper could not find one of the forks. The pallet forks are nice and have been very useful but the packaging was atrocious. I won't be purchasing anything more from this vendor because of this.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA
I had a similar experience and wrote a review on these forks, complete with photos. Everything arrived, but several days after the expected date because the shipper could not find one of the forks. The pallet forks are nice and have been very useful but the packaging was atrocious. I won't be purchasing anything more from this vendor because of this.
Agreed, I'll probably wait for the missing forks to arrive, but I would not order from Titan Attachments (palletforks.com) again. Thanks for everyone's advice, I know there's better forks out there, but this is going on a compact tractor that will only lift about 1500lbs, I don't need forks that are rated for 4000lbs and weigh 500+ pounds. If I wanted a forklift, I would have bought a forklift.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #17  
It amazes me how a company that sells and ships as much stuff as they must and has as many packaging complaints as they seem to have doesn't just correct the issue. It has to eat into their profit margin. Just walk out into the shipping warehouse and explain to the workers they are going to start eating the charge backs. Either pack the orders correct and secure or pack your ass out the door.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #18  
It amazes me how a company that sells and ships as much stuff as they must and has as many packaging complaints as they seem to have doesn't just correct the issue.

It's apparently an amazing company. They shipped a lot of SSQA implements to TNBers that were way sloppy, had to send shims out, and then customers had to make them fit. They obviously never gauged them in the first place but once the problem showed up, they keep shipping them. Why not spend a few hundred on a gauge instead...

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #19  
I have the same set of forks. When they were in shipment I got a phone call from FedEx asking if I wanted them to be delivered as the packaging had been damaged. Luckily everything was there, although I believe that I had to buy a couple of pins.

If you do end up with a complete set be aware that the backing plate isn't much better than tin foil. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy a heavier plate or an entirely new set of quality forks. In hindsight I wish I'd put the money toward the grapple I eventually purchased, and bought a decent set of forks later.

/ Titan Attachments Pallet Forks MIA #20  
It's apparently an amazing company. They shipped a lot of SSQA implements to TNBers that were way sloppy, had to send shims out, and then customers had to make them fit. They obviously never gauged them in the first place but once the problem showed up, they keep shipping them. Why not spend a few hundred on a gauge instead...
No need, they sell them to people like me as fast as they can make them!