TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET?

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #1  

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
I am considering buying a Titan (#122912) 14" trenching bucket .....$329.

This is obviously a low end pin on bucket, and I will need to modify it to fit my Kubota Q/A (+$219 for mod. plate + welding).
I would like to use this trenching bucket with my Kubota L48TLB.
It would only get very occasional use in sandy soil, with absolutely no rocks.

Does anyone have this Titan bucket in either 12" or 14" wide, and would you recommend it?
Does anyone know the thickness of the steel used to build this thing?

A new Kubota branded 12" trenching bucket is over $1,000 including tax.
Finding a used one is like searching for hens teeth!

I do not need to dig deep, so trench caving (in sand) with a 14" bucket should not be a problem.
I currently have a standard Kubota 24" hoe bucket, but it will disturb a larger ground surface area than I would like.

Last edited:
   / TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET?
I can't answer your question, but here's a video of my home made trenching bucket in use, just for a laugh.
I do not consider that to be "a laugh"!
I consider that to be exceptionally unique, and very effective!
Sure beats the he11 out of a shovel!

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #4  
I am considering buying a Titan (#122912) 14" trenching bucket .....$329.

This is obviously a low end pin on bucket, and I will need to modify it to fit my Kubota Q/A (+$219 for mod. plate + welding).
I would like to use this trenching bucket with my Kubota L48TLB.
It would only get very occasional use in sandy soil, with absolutely no rocks.

Does anyone have this bucket in either 12" or 14" wide, and would you recommend it?
Does anyone know the thickness of the steel used to build this thing?

A new Kubota branded 12" trenching bucket is over $1,000 including tax.
Finding a used one is like searching for hens teeth!

I do not need to dig deep, so trench caving (in sand) with a 14" bucket should not be a problem.
I currently have a standard Kubota 24" hoe bucket, but it will disturb a larger ground surface area than I would like.
U check out Attachments that fit Kubota excavators built by USA Attachments. Call them sometimes they can do other things than on the website. Yes the 12“ Kubota brand bucket with QA was like $900…that hurt.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #5  
I got a 12” bucket from the local utility company auction for cheap. It was one of about dozen they were selling. It had several hole mounting options and fit the Ford 4500. It was more hooked with shallow sides so dirt wouldn’t pack in as bad. It was the best for digging stumps and breaking roots. Regret selling it now. M59 used buckets are hard to find too.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #6  
Mark I like your design! I could see something like that fitting a niche for people who do not really need a backhoe but might dig the occasional hole.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #8  
My Kubota 12” bucket is built like a tank. Enough so that I can’t lift it. $550 plus tax plus some welding to make it work and still being stuck with an inferior product vs $1000 and done I’d just pay them. If you were getting paid to tear up my 12” bucket you’d loose. I could probably peel the bottom out of the titan bucket within an hour. I don’t feel bad paying for a quality product and the Kubota bucket is one. That being said the orange painted TLB buckets are about half the build strength of the black painted excavator buckets.

Last edited:
My Kubota 12” bucket is built like a tank. Enough so that I can’t lift it. $550 plus tax plus some welding to make it work and still being stuck with an inferior product vs $1000 and done I’d just pay them. If you were getting paid to tear up my 12” bucket you’d loose. I could probably peel the bottom out of the titan bucket within an hour. I don’t feel bad paying for a quality product and the Kubota bucket is one. That being said the orange painted TLB buckets are about half the build strength of the black painted excavator buckets.
I don't disagree with your assessment, but I don't really NEED a 12" trenching bucket, and there is NO way that I will pay $1,000 to get one.
I am going to try to find a ratty used bucket of any brand, and adapt it to a Kubota Q/A.
Think I'll try several underground utilities companies first.
My L48TLB did come to me with a 24" black Kubota bucket.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #10  
Here’s the manufacture of my 36” bucket. It’s a pretty good piece. I don’t know how much it cost because I didn’t pay for it directly.
IMG_0407.JPG