TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET?

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #21  
I seen in a video a guy was attaching a titan box plane?sp
It sounded like a piece of tin when he moved it and it was
extremely light. If the rest of titan equipment is made that
way it must be cheap because it surely will not last long!!

willy

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #22  
I seen in a video a guy was attaching a titan box plane?sp
It sounded like a piece of tin when he moved it and it was
extremely light. If the rest of titan equipment is made that
way it must be cheap because it surely will not last long!!

willy
I have it on good authority that every single piece of their equipment is made identically and out of a piece of tin.

(Except for the forks I got from them, they must've made those special out of thick adamantium, idk, you get the general idea)

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #23  
The risk when backdragging too hard with the bucket is to bend the cylinder rods on the curl cylinders. They are costly to replace or repair. Cost me 2000 dollars in parts. So beware

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET?
The risk when backdragging too hard with the bucket is to bend the cylinder rods on the curl cylinders. They are costly to replace or repair. Cost me 2000 dollars in parts. So beware
Using the heel of the bucket is a much better idea, but if used often, will require a heel wear edge to be added.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #25  
Actually, the FEL arms should be strong enough that the tractor can't bend them. On dirt at least.
If they'll bend before the tires start spinning, they won't last long anyway.

My trench bucket has a nasty leverage ratio acting against the tilt cylinder, and it is vulnerable. That's a design compromise to achieve the depth I need to bury electrical cables to local code.

A tractor FEL isn’t a dozer. Using it as one will eventually break them. Back dragging with the bucket rolled all the way down is the weakest link.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #26  
Light duty dragging is not a problem usually it is when you dig in and use 4wd on top of that watch out

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET? #27  
I am considering buying a Titan (#122912) 14" trenching bucket .....$329.

This is obviously a low end pin on bucket, and I will need to modify it to fit my Kubota Q/A (+$219 for mod. plate + welding).
I would like to use this trenching bucket with my Kubota L48TLB.
It would only get very occasional use in sandy soil, with absolutely no rocks.

Does anyone have this Titan bucket in either 12" or 14" wide, and would you recommend it?
Does anyone know the thickness of the steel used to build this thing?

A new Kubota branded 12" trenching bucket is over $1,000 including tax.
Finding a used one is like searching for hens teeth!

I do not need to dig deep, so trench caving (in sand) with a 14" bucket should not be a problem.
I currently have a standard Kubota 24" hoe bucket, but it will disturb a larger ground surface area than I would like.
Hello Fried: Just an idea - You might try Brookside Equipment Sales in Phillipston, Mass. They show several used heavy duty excavator pin-on buckets on the Equipment Trader website. Pricing for 12" wide seems to run $200 - $300. The Kubota Q/A weld-on bucket "ears" are $75-$100 on ebay. If you can get a local welding shop to cut off the pin-on apparatus and weld on the Q/A "ears" for $100-$150 - you would have a very heavy duty bucket for $550 or less.

/ TITAN ATTACHMENTS TRENCHING BUCKET?
Hello Fried: Just an idea - You might try Brookside Equipment Sales in Phillipston, Mass. They show several used heavy duty excavator pin-on buckets on the Equipment Trader website. Pricing for 12" wide seems to run $200 - $300. The Kubota Q/A weld-on bucket "ears" are $75-$100 on ebay. If you can get a local welding shop to cut off the pin-on apparatus and weld on the Q/A "ears" for $100-$150 - you would have a very heavy duty bucket for $550 or less.
Thanks!
I will have to check on just how "heavy duty".
I only have a Kubota L48 TLB, which is not a huge machine.
I can cut off the pin on ears myself, but would probably have a pro do the welding.
The weld on ears also come complete as a weld on assembly.
A bit more expensive as one piece, but easier to correctly align.

Last edited: