Titan impliment HD rotary cutter?

/ Titan impliment HD rotary cutter? #1  

rustyshakelford

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 5100E/H260/MX15
I missed out on the deal of the year for a like new mx8 yesterday. I'll be needing a new shredder by the end of the month to accompany my mx15. I was considering the howse, but apparently they suddenly closed their doors at the first of the year. I called the dealer I was going to buy the howse from and they told me that they were switching to titan implements out of Tennessee. I started looking at them and like the 117" 1800 series but I have never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Supposedly built in the us and have a 5 year gear box warranty. Will probably go with a pull behind and possibly convert to a semi mount if necessary. I like the price point at less than 4K too. 7 ga deck with decent hp gear boxes and 3" capacity.

Will need to order in the next couple days to get a green one. Any input? I'll just be shredding grass and pasture. No clearing.

Brett

/ Titan impliment HD rotary cutter?
Bump for the day time crowd! Internet doesn't have much info either. They have been in business since 2014 so obviously they haven't been around for long but hopefully someone has put their hands on them and can comment

Brett

/ Titan impliment HD rotary cutter? #3  
There are a lot of companies with Titan in their name.

There are a lot of threads on here about Titan pallet forks and SSQA problems, but I think that is a different company.

This looks like the one you are looking at: Titan 18 Series

titan1808-1810.png

Maybe someone knows something about them. :thumbsup:

There are a lot of companies with Titan in their name.

There are a lot of threads on here about Titan pallet forks and SSQA problems, but I think that is a different company.

This looks like the one you are looking at: Titan 18 Series

View attachment 498171

Maybe someone knows something about them. :thumbsup:

That's exactly it! I initially thought it was the titan pallet fork guys at first and wanted nothing to do with a Chinese shredder. Then I started to study up on the real company and I'm interested to sure

It's an older style without a domed lid but for a company to advertise 3" capacity with decent hp gear boxes I'm wanting to check them out

Brett

/ Titan impliment HD rotary cutter? #6  
Looks like a well built unit. Check on tip speed though, couldn't find it in the specs for the 8/10 foot cutters.
Years ago, I had an old Woods cutter with really slow tip speed and it left a terrible cut, even with sharpened blades.

Looks like a well built unit. Check on tip speed though, couldn't find it in the specs for the 8/10 foot cutters.
Years ago, I had an old Woods cutter with really slow tip speed and it left a terrible cut, even with sharpened blades.

Called the manufacturer. Tip speed was around 14,900. Sounded like great folks. Got some dealer info and one quoted me around 7k and the other was a "don't hold me to this but it should be" price of 3700-3800 for the same thing???

Don't know what the real price is. Called them back and asked for the firm price and I'll go from there. For 7k, I would just buy an mx8

Brett

/ Titan impliment HD rotary cutter? #8  
How does it compare to Kodiak cutters.

idaho2

How does it compare to Kodiak cutters.

idaho2

Looks very similar. Specs line up pretty close. Got some firm numbers. For the 1810p from one dealer it's $4900, from the other dealer the best they could do is 6800!

Big difference. I'm still trying to find a like new used JD MX8 though.

Brett