Titan tree shears ?

/ Titan tree shears ? #1  

miscjames

Tractor
Kubota L3901
Anyone have any experience with one of these? At first it seems like a good idea. Especially for clearing small trees. However after thinking about it it seems like you run a high risk of the trees coming down on top of you.

Tree Shears

/ Titan tree shears ? #2  
There is risk once the tree is cut. I have the same risk when I use a tree puller if I accidentally squeeze too hard. I see the product video shows a caged skid steer and they are only cutting up already down timbers. I'd be more worried about leaving punji/stumps and my tires, so I guess it depends on how you are using it.

/ Titan tree shears ? #3  
I have a different setup and they do fall randomly and occasionally, In my direction. Mine are mostly trees less than 6" and using a tracked loader. I wouldn't use it on my open tractor except for saplings. Plus, ground level visibility would be an issue on a tractor.

That video doesn't show it being used any where near it's claimed capacity, for some reason.

/ Titan tree shears ? #4  
I just took deliver of the Titan tree puller. If used as the 3rd function by diverter or extra valve, I could manage the tipping angle on most tree's I've crunched yesterday, using the curl angle to my advantage. Went this way rather than the shear because I get the root ball instead of a stubbed mower land mine or punctured tire. I've found that grabbing a small tree 4 - 6 ft off the ground instead of at the ground lets you also pry the tree loose as well as lifting it straight up. This solves the tipping problem, too. The ground and the jaws have the tree secured until you decide to move it away. The extra bite height works to this advantage.