TN60DA issues

/ TN60DA issues #1  

vdublighty90

Tractor
NH TN60DA
Hi all, new member here and looking to solve a couple of issues with a NH TN60DA.

my workplace owns this tractor (golf course) for which I am the team's mechanic. I'm in the early stages of my career when it comes to machinery mechanics, there's alot I've still to learn about mowers and machinery, I'm more accustomed to VAG group cars.

unfortunately there is no paperwork or schematics for this tractor so finding out the location of things is proving difficult.
at the moment the glow plugs are not working, dash light not illuminating or anything. my first thought was the lamp timer/relay. does anyone know where this is located as I can't seem to find it?
also, there's other electrical gremlins. such as the cab heater not working, wiper doesn't work either and the 4WD light illuminates when the brake pedal is pressed, accompanied by a funny noise coming from the hydraulic pump at the back.

can anyone shed any light on these issues?

thanks for reading, apologies for the essay!

/ TN60DA issues
No knowledge myself, but a google search comes up with this:

thanks, I had found that but unfortunately that's only a preview with a very limited number of pages shown without buying the complete manual

/ TN60DA issues #4  
The 4WD light illuminating by pressing the brake pedal is normal operation for tractors with electric over hydraulic 4WD engagement.

Most tractors only have brakes on the rear axle, so by engaging 4WD, it will then apply brakes on both axles.

/ TN60DA issues
The 4WD light illuminating by pressing the brake pedal is normal operation for tractors with electric over hydraulic 4WD engagement.

Most tractors only have brakes on the rear axle, so by engaging 4WD, it will then apply brakes on both axles.

ah ok, that makes sense. thank you! one less thing to think about haha

/ TN60DA issues #6  
@vdublighty90 - If this is a machine you are going to work on & troubleshoot things on regularly, which it sounds like, I think your workplace would be wise to invest in a service manual.

There are plenty of places that sell them as PDF downloads at reasonable prices... This is just one of the places I have purchased from before with great results:

NH TN60DA Service Manual - The Repair Manual

/ TN60DA issues #7  
Hi all, new member here and looking to solve a couple of issues with a NH TN60DA.

my workplace owns this tractor (golf course) for which I am the team's mechanic. I'm in the early stages of my career when it comes to machinery mechanics, there's alot I've still to learn about mowers and machinery, I'm more accustomed to VAG group cars.

unfortunately there is no paperwork or schematics for this tractor so finding out the location of things is proving difficult.
at the moment the glow plugs are not working, dash light not illuminating or anything. my first thought was the lamp timer/relay. does anyone know where this is located as I can't seem to find it?
also, there's other electrical gremlins. such as the cab heater not working, wiper doesn't work either and the 4WD light illuminates when the brake pedal is pressed, accompanied by a funny noise coming from the hydraulic pump at the back.

can anyone shed any light on these issues?

thanks for reading, apologies for the essay!
To start with there should be a separate fuse box for the cab circuits. On the right side cab post between the door glass and the side window at about eye level when in the seat. Not very big, and it has a plastic cover that snaps off.

Also be aware that there is no single wiring diagram for that tractor. The TN series was produced for a number of years from the late 1990's through 2008. The electrical options and related diagrams changed many times over that period with different transmission versions, some with electrical components, just all sorts of variables. Searching for the right book with diagrams that match your tractor may not be a simple task, so don't jump on the first one you find thinking you have what you need.

/ TN60DA issues
thanks for the replies guys, and Harry thank you, that's good to know. sounds like a minefield!
I've since spoken to a mechanic from the dealership who cover new hollands, and learnt a few things. as you guys have already said, the 4wd light when braking is normal and the noise from the hydro pump is trailer braking. also there is no glow plug relay as such, as there is only one glow plug in the inlet manifold and is manually operated with a push button in the cab. it still doesn't seem to work but thats for another day as it starts fine without it.
I've gone through all the fuses on the right hand pillar and they're all fine, which tells me that there may be a wiring issue up in the headliner/roof, seeing as both the heater and wiper (which don't work) are up top, overhead.
getting there, slowly!

/ TN60DA issues #9  
Your tractor has trailer brakes? Where do you live, or where did that tractor come from? I see trailer brake components listed in parts books and service manuals frequently but have yet to find a tractor so equipped.

As for the electrical (non) functions, the fuses may be good but is there power up to that fuse box?

Last edited:
   / TN60DA issues
I dont know for sure but people are telling me it's trailer brakes as the hydro pump on the back activates when the brake is pressed. I'm in the UK, not sure therefore if trailer brakes are a standard option for us.

don't know if there's power to that fusebox, that's my next step. I don't even know what those fuses are for. I'm assuming they're for the roof lights and wipers etc.