Price Check TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again)

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #11  
Also remember that the R4's on the TN don't look very much like the R4's on the TC line. They look much more like "chopped off" R1's. Personally I'd go with R1's.

Andy

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again)
I've noticed that (the look of the R1's vs R4's)
But
R4's last a lot longer
I don't do dirt work
I work on pastures, grass already exists, I don't want to tear it up.
I think R4's are the right choice. (been on my compact tractor so far)

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #13  
Robert_in_NY said:
I haven't priced a TN in a while but that does seem high. I would think for that much you could get a TL-A with cab and loader. If you have any other NH dealers around you might want to give them a call.

I took a look, what are the pros/cons of a TL versus a TN series?
Bob

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #14  
The TL is just the bigger brother to the TN. No real advantage to it except more weight and more useable horses which in this case is probably not an issue but when I was pricing TL's you were looking at the upper $30k range without a loader. A quote of almost $42k for just a TN seems excessive.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #15  
There's always a TN85A or TN95A if you need more horses and want an excellent power-to-weight ratio. I'm more inclined toward R1 rears and F3 fronts myself, as I think the R4 rears might clog pretty easily in snow or when plowing, and the F3 fronts float nicely without tearing the sod too much on turns. If all Brian is doing is mowing, then the R4 rears might not be too bad. I was half tempted to go with the 'turf' rears, except that I have plans to plow. When I ordered my TN60A, I saw a TN70DA 4WD with a boom mower and turf tires all around and thought it looked pretty catchy.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #16  
Do you have any other NH dealers around you to compare with?

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #17  
LoneCowboy said:
I've noticed that (the look of the R1's vs R4's)
But
R4's last a lot longer
I don't do dirt work
I work on pastures, grass already exists, I don't want to tear it up.
I think R4's are the right choice. (been on my compact tractor so far)

A lot of machines w/ R1s are used in hayfields and pastures. Unless the areas youre working in are really tiny or theyre soaking wet it seems that you shouldnt have any significant issues. Also R1Ws would be an option if you want a bigger foot print.

DocBob said:
I took a look, what are the pros/cons of a TL versus a TN series?

In addition to whats been said there are also more choices, like transmission, PTO speed, 3pt lift capacity etc.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again)
UPDATE

So, Larry on the hilltop sent me some info to his local dealer.
I called them up, got a price for exactly the same thing (took it off my dealer's quote)

IT WAS A TON CHEAPER
Like more than $6000 cheaper including the loader!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

So, called my dealer back today
Told them, hey, I compared your deal, you aren't even close, try again.

Well, what's their price? I said, i can't tell you that, I didn't tell them yours, I'm not telling you theirs. Not ethical.

So, he's trying again.
WE shall see.

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #19  
I thought that price was kind of high. Glad to see you found a better price. What was the quote and was it a NH loader that was quoted?

/ TN75A Cab pricing (yes, again) #20  
Robert_in_NY said:
The TL is just the bigger brother to the TN. No real advantage to it except more weight and more useable horses which in this case is probably not an issue but when I was pricing TL's you were looking at the upper $30k range without a loader. A quote of almost $42k for just a TN seems excessive.

Thanks, that is what it looked like and nice to have you confirm it.
Bob