TN75D vs TS90 Cab

/ TN75D vs TS90 Cab #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
I'm looking at these two models locally, both with cabs, loaders and 4wd. I believe both are their respective base models.

1999 TN75D 2600 hrs
2001 TS 90 2500 hrs

I'm leaving off the prices but what are the differences between these models? I've looked over the current features of the TN/TS's but how much have they changed?

A friend has an NH8910 I think which looks similar to the TS90. Neither of the two I'm looking at are powershift models like his though. The TN seems to have a pretty small cab, like a Kubota whereas the newer TS seems to have the roomy cab and small jump seat many New Hollands have.

The planned use is haying, logging and snow removal so both are equally at home at both. Just curious about any common faults or problems.

/ TN75D vs TS90 Cab #2  
Both tractors are about the same pto hp wise. The TN is rated at 67pto and the TS is 70pto. The TS has a great reputation but the old TS is a lot different from the new TS-A you will see on the dealers lots. The cabs are different with the TS having a Fiat/NH cab and the TS-A having a Case cab. I do not remember much about the TS cab but the TS-A cab is extremly nice.

As for the TN. It is a 1999 which puts it at the very beginning of the production run. Most of the early TN's had a lot of quality control issues. Mine is a early 2000 and it had a lot of problems. Nothing major, just bolts kept loosening up, linkages seized up, stupid little things that annoy you when they keep popping up. The TN has a great engine and tranny as well as a very good cab. It is smaller then the TS because of class of tractor but compared to other cabs in the TN's class it is one of the best. If it was up to me and price was the same I would go with the TS. You gain a little more hp, around 1700 more pounds of weight (which you already know has its pros and cons but when baling with a kicker it is a pro), a newer tractor with a great reputation all around and it has 100 less hours. Now if you have to pay a lot more for the TS then I would get the TN unless they are both good deals either way. I am looking to buy a new tractor in the future and I will not get anything smaller then a TS-115A with cab. The bigger tractors will handle our equipment a lot easier then the TN's do. I tried out a TL and was able to run it head to head with my TN on the same field and same equipment and there was no comparison. The TL easily handled my equipment.

/ TN75D vs TS90 Cab
Thanks Robert! I had missed your reply earlier. The TS is about 6000$ more than the TN. I hope to check the TN out coming up soon.