To all mt235e owners

/ To all mt235e owners #1  

chas0218

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT235E
So I was looking over the tractor and noticed that the one hard plumbed line just above the filter was pressing on it. Is anyone else having the same problem? I mean it isn't a problem yet but I have to believe the 2 are rubbing and vibrating against each other meaning a hole might develop most likely in the filter first.

/ To all mt235e owners
This might be an issue on later model 3135's as well but I can't be sure.

I talked to the dealer and he said they put a jack and 2x4 under the line to get enough clearance to get the filter off. I feel this can't be good but I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

/ To all mt235e owners #3  
I talked to the dealer and he said they put a jack and 2x4 under the line to get enough clearance to get the filter off. I feel this can't be good but I'll just keep an eye on it for now.

This is unacceptable. Dealer sounds like a hack.

I'd call LS corporate. There should be some kind of remedy engineered by LS and then at least a service bulletin for correction.

/ To all mt235e owners #4  
I have had my MT235 almost 2 weeks. Got a thumb (after market) for the backhoe but it did not come close to fitting. I'll check out the hose location tomorrow. Does anyone know of an after market thumb for the LB1100 backhoe?

/ To all mt235e owners #5  
I have had my MT235 almost 2 weeks. Got a thumb (after market) for the backhoe but it did not come close to fitting. I'll check out the hose location tomorrow. Does anyone know of an after market thumb for the LB1100 backhoe?

There is an LS factory thumb that is available now. It is around $300. Well worth it, bolts onto the factory mounting spots.

/ To all mt235e owners
This is unacceptable. Dealer sounds like a hack.

I'd call LS corporate. There should be some kind of remedy engineered by LS and then at least a service bulletin for correction.

I have to agree, I will give them a call and see what they have in mind for fixing it. Really it would only need a slight bend upward to fix the problem. Doesn't look like they have a phone number to be reached at on their website so I sent them an e-mail/message. We will see how long it takes to get a response.

/ To all mt235e owners
Just an update, I got a hold of someone at LS. They weren't aware of the issue and suggested I take it back to the dealer to have the dealer reposition the line. Being the hard plumbed line with the banjo fittings there won't be any repositioning the line. They can't seem to find my S/N in their system, I might have given them the wrong one I'm not sure which number they were looking for. Anyway I'm happy to say they are at least responding promptly to my emails and will reaching out to the regional manager to see if they have found the issue with other tractors. By what my dealer had mentioned it sounds like the 25hp, 30hp, and 35hp MT2 models all have the same issue.

/ To all mt235e owners
Here are some pictures of the line. It is hard to tell but it might actually be denting the filter. 20200211_173927.jpg20200211_173948.jpg20200211_173917.jpg20200211_173817.jpg

/ To all mt235e owners #9  
Is that the HST or hydraulic filter? I have the gear version, the lines are no where near my filter can.