To Load, or not to load, that is the question...

/ To Load, or not to load, that is the question... #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
Most all year long my yard is so hard that a full concrete truck doesn't leave tracks going across my yard. With just the front loader and bucket on my L5030HSTC, it weighs about 5550 pounds. Here is my issue, It's really a pain to sort through all my 3 pt implements to find the heaviest to put on if I'm going to do loader work. Even then, I can still pick up the rear of the tractor with a heaping bucket full of my moist clay soil.

I don't want to build a weight box for the 3 pt hitch. Again, too much trouble to hook up and move around. What I'm wondering is if I would increase the chances of getting a flat rear tire from stalks etc. at some of the property I own if I load them? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does Rim Guard (I seem to like that stuff the best from what I've researched) seal leaks? Does any non-corrosive filling liquid provide great weight, prevent corrosion, and help seal leaks?

I generally now use the two Grasshopper mowers for mowing, so getting the tractor out on my property when the ground isn't really hard probably isn't going to be an issue. I have R4's, which do have a fairly large foot print, but will I create a much greater potential to get buried in a soft spot, or will I not really notice?? I usually do research and make up my mind, but this time I'm really not sure which way to go. Oh yeah, loading the rear wheels won't make my tractor feel light in the front will it? With a large heavy finish mower on the rear, I get light in the front without putting on weights if my loader is off. Loading the rears wouldn't add to that would it? Suggestions and comments?

/ To Load, or not to load, that is the question... #2  
I imagine foam would be the only material you could use that would make the tires leakproof.. protect the rims, and add weight.

( guess you could load them with slime! if you could afford it! )

What about suitcase weights added to your already heaviest implement?

I found that even with big 12.4-28 rear loaded tires on my ford 660.. i had to adda a big concrete counterweight to make up for a full scoop of clay.. etc..

Soundguy

/ To Load, or not to load, that is the question... #3  
<font color="red"> Oh yeah, loading the rear wheels won't make my tractor feel light in the front will it? With a large heavy finish mower on the rear, I get light in the front without putting on weights if my loader is off. </font>

With a heavy implement on the rear, your rear tires are a fulcum point, that is why the front can lift. With fluid fill, the weight is in the contact point with the ground, there is no fulcrum point.